Bond Loc Solvent pipe cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm posting here to check to see if anybody has used Toolstation Bond Loc pipe cement and has had an adverse reaction when it comes in contact with your Skin?

Bond Loc recently brought out a new formula pipe cement which doesn't smell anything like any conventional pipe cement I have used in the last 20 years.

I have contacted Bond Loc who have told me they will look into it to see if they have had any other complaints.

The pipe cement came in contact with my hands a couple of weeks ago and I got small sores all over my hands, knuckles and even extendeing down my forearms. At the time I didnt know exacty what had caused the problem as I was working with various materials including fibre glass so wondered if a bit of that had gotten into a cut.

I'm posting this on a few forums to see what type of response I get.

Many Thanks

B

Sponsored Links
never used it. i have used the 'normal stuff' tho. with no problem.

someone somewhere is going to react with chemicals used at work/home etc. the law of averages dictates.

the sad world we live in means that everyone is out to blame someone else for things that goes wrong.

PPE is available at all ironmongers tool shops and even B&Poo

Fibreglass can do that if you're allergic to it

I'm not allergic to Fibreglass though.

Just need to conduct this little survey and would appreciate any replies from people who have used the new formula toolstation pipe cement. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I've used it, i think its great... apart from the brush fell off the lid and went inside the pot..

but as usual when i use glue i get it all my hands face etc and no reactions as yet...

and it didn't blow up when i mixed it with 3 other almost empty brands of solvent weld..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back