bonded screed loose/hollow at the edges & tiler due now!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upon checking my floor 1 day b4 my tiler does my kitchen diner..ive noticed that the bonded screed i have had done sounds hollow at the edges in a couple of parts ? + has a slight movement in it when enough pressure/weight is applied or can it be deemed loose...very worrying just as my tiler is due to start in 1 day..
do i get his opinion on if this is a big problem and maybe call it off 4 a week or 2 ? to be fair hes a week and a half late on starting the job..so wouldnt feel 2 guilty about putting it off if the concrete needs sorting,maybe he will say something like the cement based addy will bond everything together & no need to worry do the job ? although if he does say this i will ask him if hes willing to come back & sort the tiling out if they did come loose in the future & have his word 4 this..or am i worrying about something or nothing..
also approx how much addy & grout is in tiling 30m ? hes given me a price of £150 but didnt think to say i will go out and buy it all like i have done with all jobs on my house cheers (addy mapei btw)
i did follow mcmilins excellent instructions on how to do this bonded screed & everything went well seemed fine until i noticed this...
i cleaned prepped the floor,wetted the floor with a brush,applied the cement slurry grout followed by the bonded screed using sbr admixture

Sponsored Links
I've seen flooring contractors pour the priming adhesive down cracks. Don't know how good that is.

yeah i have a feeling they may suggest something like this so they can do their job in and out get paid etc although looking at it maybe let them tile the rest of the floor leaving this 2 metre or so section so i can get it sorted then agree with him to return to finish it in a week or 2 ? also i have ordered my kitchen which im picking up weds/thurs to start assembling at the w.e as i need to get my kitchen in asap to move in within weeks as im still paying rent elsewhere over 1 yr into my house renovation! cheers :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back