Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Screenshot_20181108-154729_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20181108-154541_Facebook.jpg

Sponsored Links
Holy crap! I think I can safely say that is one of the worst roofing jobs I have ever seen and that is with over 30 years experience. There are so many things wrong with it I'm not even going to try and list them. Whoever did that work is certainly not a roofer, I doubt they have ever even been on a roof before.

Can I use the photos? They are priceless.

The scaffolding is still up. I am.not sure what to do the gap looks so big.

This article explains how a bonding gutter should be fitted. It should sit higher, level with the top of the battens and the tiles/slates should virtually cover it so it is barely visible. No need for mortar flaunching. https://rcimag.co.uk/sandtoft-blog/detailing-the-use-of-bonding-gutters there are plenty of manufacturers details showing how they should be fitted, do some Googling.

The slating is truly dreadful, all those silly little cut slates on both sides is just wrong, some have already fallen out. I suspect the wrong nails were used, look like galvanised, the gaps between slates are irregular, lead soakers along dormer cheek are very gappy etc etc.

Generally it is a really rubbish job done by someone who didn't have the first clue what they were doing so you have to wonder what else is wrong with the rest of the project? I would be paying a professional to inspect the work and prepare a report with a view to legal action against the cowboy.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much that was a great help

That is what my understanding the black part needs to be free of mortar with just the tile over it. How big should the gap be ?

There are two types of BG, wet and dry. They've used a wet fella but the mortar fillet should be located on the dedicated textured strip

I've blown the photo up as large as I can and I'm not sure they haven't used a GRP valley trough, it's difficult to tell though from that photo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back