Bonding gutter issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I purchased a semi-detached which has come with a few issues. My house has a tiled roof and next door is slate, after a few months of being in the house we noticed a slight leak in the roof where the two houses meet in the loft, turned out they failed to install a bonding gutter when they done the roof. We got someone out to do the work and install a bonding gutter, once this was done I had some worries that I could see day light out between the tiles from within my loft still which I queried the guy who done the work about. He wasn’t too pleased with me questioning his work and after some heated discussion said oh yea the roofing underlay wasn’t long enough to go right over, but aslong as no water gets in what’s the issue?

It’s been a few months later and from what I’ve noticed no water has got in through the gaps so I’ve not really thought anything of it until now... we had a loft insulation company out to quote some work and he’s saying the roof shouldn’t be so draughty like that so once again I’m doubting the roofers job.

The pictures show the gaps between the tiles and the underlay.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 9676CED9-41CF-46BD-A44B-670B1E4E89A6.jpeg
    9676CED9-41CF-46BD-A44B-670B1E4E89A6.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 2A335657-7E0E-43C2-9F51-7C8D2FE0703A.jpeg
    2A335657-7E0E-43C2-9F51-7C8D2FE0703A.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 212
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back