BONDING IS EASIER TO SPREAD??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bonding -

Saw a bag of bonding today with 'Now easier to spread' printed in a banner type thing across the bag.

What is the story lads????

Sponsored Links
Interesting, I suppose it depends on what you are comparing it too lol, perhaps it is now easier to spread than marmalade? I always find bonding easier to spread than multi anyway on a serious note!

We have it at our local B/Q Micilin. It was still up on the top shelf, so i haven't tried it yet, but i did see the red label on the bag saying it was "easier to spread". I'm told the new name is now "Utterly Bonderly", and it's supposed to be kinder to your hands as well. "I can't believe it's not Bonding". :LOL: :LOL:

We have it at our local B/Q Micilin. It was still up on the top shelf, so i haven't tried it yet, but i did see the red label on the bag saying it was "easier to spread". I'm told the new name is now "Utterly Bonderly", and it's supposed to be kinder to your hands as well. "I can't believe it's not Bonding". :LOL: :LOL:

:D :D :D :D :D

And cheers, john.

Sponsored Links
Spotted this on the BG website a couple of days ago;

Thistle Bonding Coat is now even better, with a finer mix giving improved workability, especially being:
• Easier to spread
• Smoother
• Easier to rule and darby

Less vermiculite, smaller particles of vermiculite, who knows? Not tried it yet either but not aware it was ever difficult to spread; who is it going to be easier to spread for :?:

I don't know why the heck they want to change it anyway,, it is/was never a problem to spread in my opinion, whether as a thick float coat or a tight coat. Bonding coat been the way it is for as long as i can remember. Why change a superb product, that the vast majority of plasterers nationwide have been happy with for many years??? :rolleyes: Progress, or another excuse to put the price up.

Well I have been bullied into plastering my mates house for him, starting in a bedroom, the dabbing didn't work out 100% so I have got a bag of this utterly bonderly to try out tomorrow to see if I can straighten up the wall a little bit. Wish me luck!!

used it on a job last week used 3 bags of the new bonding and 3 bags of hardwall i can say its a nicer to mix better to spread and rule but i like hardwall so i use it most the time but it is werth useing
if i used bonding i tend to put a 60/40 mix bonding and muilti finish
that mix's up nice good to trowel up better all round

Well the only noticable difference is that the vermiculite is much smaller and I am not sure if that is a good thing for having a key for the finish :confused:
Also the vermiculite doesnt seen to stick to everything when cleaning up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back