bondong fell out of the ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks, imagine the scene. Holes in the ceiling where spot lights used to be. They need patching up. I cut some plasterboard to the same width as the holes....90mm....but around 2 inches longer. I put no nails on the ends and put it into the void and pulled it down with a nail so it set.

I then bonded the holes to make it flush with the ceiling. It went off, dried....then a few hours later the bonding fell out??

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
do the same but use dry wall adhesive to stick the 'patches' down. i know it's difficult, but try and make sure there is no dust on the upper surface of the ceiling.

when filling the holes use thistle multi or preferably, thistle board finish. apply a little diluted pva to the exposed edge of the board and apply the finish in two or even three coats instead of one. this will help control shrinkage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back