Boost button is permanently on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Potterton PrimaF 50F boiler in the kitchen, cylinder in the loft and a boost button on the landing
We have only recently moved in - a month or so ago. Originally, if I pressed the boost button it would be on for a while - an hour maybe - then the boost light would go off
Now the boost light is on all the time and I worry this will either be very expensive - permanently boosting the hot water - or it could damage the system
I would be grateful for any advice as my old house had a combi boiler so I am a bit confused by this system

Sponsored Links
Is the boost button part of the central heating controls, ie on the central heating & hot water programmer, or is it for a separate electric immersion heater? Something similar to this.

boost.jpg

In either case, details of the make & model would be useful.

Hi
Thanks for your reply
As above the boiler is in the kitchen, the cylinder in the loft the boost button on the landing - so it is not part of the boiler controls. I guess is it connected to the cylinder (immersion heater?) in the loft above
The boost button is on a small panel a bit like your pic yes and is completely separate to the boiler controls
Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Until you said Potterton, I would have suggested that it is there to control an immersion heater (It may still be) but as it is the same make as your boiler may be not..............It is unusual to have a separate button to boost the hot water using the boiler, normally there is a button to do this incorporated into the heating / hot water programmer.

Can you have a look at your consumer unit? If you have an immersion heater fitted, then there should be a MCB marked something like 'water heater' or 'immersion' if you find this and switch it off, does the the boost light go out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back