Boris Johnson : Let the Bodies pile high in their thousands

Sponsored Links
Boris denies saying anything of the sort.

hello

what's this?

clear away the bodies and turn Sirte into a resort?

what sort of person would say such a thing?

why

it's boris johnson

Boris Johnson "we just need to clear away the dead bodies to create a resort in Libya" Tories laugh

this is one of the most corrupt UK governments ever.

but you voted for em, so you will never admit it

Revealed: how the UK’s powerful right-wing think tanks and Conservative MPs work together
The Institute of Economic Affairs, accused of offering US donors access to government ministers, is among right-wing think tanks meeting monthly. Conservative MPs have attended, too.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/da...-s-powerful-right-wing-think-tanks-and-conse/
Let me make this plain and clear for you and anyone else, I have NEVER voted in a general election!!!
The claim that I responded too was widely off the mark by using the word Anywhere, as in anywhere in the world, UK was NOT mentioned in the post!

Sponsored Links
At the time even some tories disapproved

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41490174

"Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has said Libyan city Sirte could be the new Dubai, adding, "all they have to do is clear the dead bodies away".

His comments at a Conservative fringe meeting sparked anger, with a number of Tory MPs calling for his sacking and Labour labelling him "crass and cruel".

Mr Johnson claimed his critics had "no knowledge nor understanding of Libya".

A Downing Street source said it was not an "appropriate choice of words" but the PM regarded the matter as closed."

never mind, eh?

Why 'let the bodies pile high in their thousands' was taken out of context: a Telegraph writer explains (thedailymash.co.uk)

Why 'let the bodies pile high in their thousands' was taken out of context: a Telegraph writer explains
26th April 2021

FOOLISH enough to believe that the prime minister’s bodies quote shows him in a bad light? Daily Telegraph writer Denys Finch Hatton explains how it’s all about context:

Just because I’m a lifelong Conservative doesn’t mean I’ll always give Johnson a free pass, but on this occasion his hilarious quip about sacrificing thousands has clearly been misinterpreted to make him look bad.

I’m sure if we could hear Johnson’s words in context he was probably talking about lots of happy, healthy bodies piled high in a beer-fuelled human pyramid of jolly hijinks. Any other interpretation would be grossly manipulative.

We’ve seen the opposition do this time and again in an attempt to tarnish Johnson’s immaculate image. Like the time he said ‘f**k business’ as a joke. Has that statement been borne out by his later actions? Exactly.

So I’m not in the least surprised to see this kind of grossly slanted reporting appear in the Daily Mail, a left-wing rag always looking to do the prime minister and government down.

Sadly, unless evidence of the conversation surfaces, our only course of action is to assume anything that pictures the PM in the best possible light.

Defence minister Ben Wallace is absolutely right to call this a ‘comedy chapter’. I for one am splitting my sides.

How lucky we are to have such a sublime joker of a leader keeping our spirits up through the pandemic. We’ll look back and laugh.

e word Anywhere, as in anywhere in the world, UK was NOT mentioned in the post

Your post clearly referred to the UK

and the post you quoted did not have the word anywhere.

This government is no better than a banana republic.

Anyway you is a Boris supporter, whether you got off yer arris and voted makes no difference.

Your post clearly referred to the UK

Anyway you is a Boris supporter, whether you got off yer arris and voted makes no difference.
It did but I guess you cant see why :D

Wouldnt say supporter but dont see a creditable alternative (at the moment).
Is that clear enough for you?

nobody can pretend they didn't know what Johnson was like.

"Downing Street has rebuked Boris Johnson for saying a war-torn Libyan city only had to “clear the dead bodies away” to become a world-class tourist destination, after Theresa May faced calls from her own MPs to sack him.

A senior Downing Street source said it was a matter for Johnson as to whether he apologised, but added: “We did not feel it was an appropriate choice of words.”

Johnson drew gasps and embarrassed laughter from an audience at a Conservative conference fringe event on Tuesday when, speaking about the potential of Sirte, the Libyan city where Muammar Gaddafi was killed, he said: “There’s a group of UK business people, wonderful guys, who want to invest in Sirte, on the coast, near where Gaddafi was actually captured and executed, as some of you may have seen.

“And they literally have a brilliant vision to turn Sirte, with the help of the municipality of Sirte, to turn it into the next Dubai. The only thing they’ve got to do is clear the dead bodies away and then they’ll be there.”

Boorish Boris: Johnson’s Libya joke is proof he cannot do his job
Jonathan Freedland

Read more

The foreign secretary was criticised by leading Libyan politicians after the remarks were swiftly reported on local websites and social media. Speaking to the Libyan Herald, Salah Shubi, a member of the country’s House of Representatives, said: “It is cruel and unacceptable that the head of British diplomacy speaks and behaves in such a manner.”

Shubi, who is regarded as an ally of the UK because he previously worked at the British Council, asked: “Is this a reflection of the British government’s current views on Libya? Because this is not the UK that I know.”

He added: “Keeping Boris Johnson or sacking him will be the difference between seeking ties and investments in Libya that are built through mutually beneficial partnerships and respectful friendship with Libyans – or built on ‘their dead bodies’ if Boris gets his way!”

BorisUnfit.jpg

I've always thought from the point where he became PM that at some point he would be a scapegoat. It also sounds like he will find Cummins is a double edged sword.

Curious thing about both parties current advisors at the time is that both want to tear the state into pieces and rebuild it. I'd suspect this includes some of the politicians that they support. Both probably feel that supporting them is a method of achieving their own aims - especially Cummins.

Dunno what some are on about tbh

Johnson may be a buffoon but he is an honest one

blimey he even paid for his own decorating in a flat he does not own

all to save the tax payer a few squid

he is a highly respected member of the community a stalwart a bloke of integrity and high standards

Let me make this plain and clear for you and anyone else, I have NEVER voted in a general election!!!
The claim that I responded too was widely off the mark by using the word Anywhere, as in anywhere in the world, UK was NOT mentioned in the post!

me neither :cool:
Well apart from twice in the 80s

Transam is like you a non voter :cool:

others on here buy into any BS some politician tells em :LOL:

some are even party members :LOL:

yep tis true they actually joined and are members of a political party

jeez us wept :LOL:

Afaik himmagin who used to post in here is a Le Penn supporter in France ???

Never trust a party member ;)

there eads are up there own wat sits :LOL:from day one
Worst than the French

And Johnson obviously shopped around for a decorating bargain

56 grand a bargain for decorating a flat

:sneaky:

probably bought the materials in
B and poo :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Back