Boris says....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...."We are learning lessons every day."

Hugh Dennis on MTW would probably translate this as "We haven't got a clucking clue what we're doing."

Sponsored Links
The out of lock down plan comes out shortly as well - in stages but no indication of when. Just hope they can change their mind if things progress in a different way.

A lady asked him if she could start taking holiday bookings in Cornwall in July. The answer was so long I'm not totally sure what he said. ;) Or was it June - think it might have been.

Personally I think it's too early to come out of it. Guess we will find out their plans next week, when Boris said we'd hear..

Personally, I think that we'll be at the mercy of CV, until it evolves into a more benign variation.
I can't see an effective vaccine being developed inside of a couple of years, if at all.
I feel sorry for the kids, whose social interactions will be fundamentally different from what we have enjoyed, possibly for years to come.

Sponsored Links
Germany started easing out of lockdown, infections up by a third. There's talk they may need to lockdown again.

I feel sorry for the kids, whose social interactions will be fundamentally different from what we have enjoyed, possibly for years to come.
And not just because of the virus!

As for Boris, after having an apparent 'escape from death' I wonder if he'll amend the trade bill which doesn't exempt 'our NHS' from a sell off or subject to large drug costs increases?

Thought not!

Personally, I think that we'll be at the mercy of CV, until it evolves into a more benign variation.
I can't see an effective vaccine being developed inside of a couple of years, if at all.
I doubt a vaccine too, sadly and worryingly I think it is here for good, eventually through natural selection it will wipe out those of us who do not have the natural ability to fight it and those who's bodies over react to it - and that could take a generation or two. It will then exist within society in the same way as the influenza type viruses do. It is a bit of russian roulette that we will all have to play sooner or later. Of course keeping out of the way of it for as long as possible is still the best option, may be the NHS will become better at helping us fight it.

Just hope we don't destroy our economy for all the young people at the beginning of their life journeys.

Boris will do well to steer us through this minefield.

every day people are losing jobs and businesses. People are also dying because of lockdown. Its going to take years to repair. There has to be a balance.

On. The radio this morning some chief exec from. A large drug company have joined with Oxford University

He reckons they could well have a vaccine by the end of the year

On. The radio this morning some chief exec from. A large drug company have joined with Oxford University

He reckons they could well have a vaccine by the end of the year

The boss of a drug company is hardly going to say "Vaccine? Treatment? Not a chance mate!", is he? (y)

One of the Oxford vaccine men mentioned that Sept - Oct may be feasible. It is a maybe going on current progress. They usually take years to prove they are safe. He also mentioned that they may have found an improved immunity test or more likely on the track of achieving it. Current ones are hopeless as not accurate enough. Pointed out that the UK was the first to announce this but now other countries have come to the same conclusion.

The vaccine use - the vulnerable. LOL It makes sense - test it for safety on the elderly. Millions of them. Makes sense but.............................

There are some furloughed people who have suddenly found themselves redundant now. Companies restructuring to suite the future.

Off Topic on this thread but a surprising number if people have gone into prison for coughing and spitting at critical workers - even found one who did it to a nurse. The ones they showed were all more or less young yobs.

China threatened an embargo on imports from Australia after the PM had the temerity to suggest an enquiry into the origins of the pandemic.

The boss of a drug company is hardly going to say "Vaccine? Treatment? Not a chance mate!", is he? (y)

Well. It's not exactly how it was explained.

They have put there heads on the block
Ref share holders investors etc
It's the speed of the development that is surprising and there partnership with Oxford University

The biggest challenge will be the scale of the manufacturing required assuming the trials are successful? Millions of doses would be required

One thing that puzzles me about the UK figures in the table is the N/A in the recoveries column.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If the ongoing cases and deaths are subtracted from the total cases then there appears not to have been any recoveries for two or three weeks - still 344.
Germany has 123,000 and even Italy 76,000
Something is not correct.

The UK does not seem to be doing anything very well; not even the administration.

One thing that puzzles me about the UK figures in the table is the N/A in the recoveries column.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If the ongoing cases and deaths are subtracted from the total cases then there appears not to have been any recoveries for two or three weeks - still 344.
Germany has 123,000 and even Italy 76,000
Something is not correct.

The UK does not seem to be doing anything very well; not even the administration
we're getting up to full steam for brexit

Sponsored Links
Back