Boris skipped 5 Cobra meetings. Austerity, incompetebce and hubris.

Jeez us

A war and peace long post :confused:

So to sum it up is Gallahad saying that the government / Johnson made a pigs arris of their response to this flu caper :idea:

No planning due to focus on Brexit and Austerity cuts.

So now thousands more will die, it will cost hundreds of billions in damage to the economy and the Government debt will skyrocket.

Sponsored Links
I read it all, I'm going to wait for the Govt rebuttal before commenting in full but my initial thoughts would be:

Cobra meetings are usually well publicised, they tend to be on the mainstream news channels as well as in the press. They are after all usually only held in times of national emergencies or major breaches of security. 5 Cobra meetings the general public were unaware of?, I'm a little dubious at the moment.

What were the dates of these cobra meetings? what dates was Covid recognised as an emergency and what date was Covid declared a pandemic, what dates were the first Covid cases in the UK recorded?.

Great timing though, a leak of this nature just as over 84 tons of PPE equipment lands in the UK and an important appointment of a tsar to ensure continued supplies of PPE.

Anyway,

No planning due to focus on Brexit and Austerity cuts.

So now thousands more will die, it will cost hundreds of billions in damage to the economy and the Government debt will skyrocket.

Same as the rest of Europe then?

I read it all, I'm going to wait for the Govt rebuttal before commenting in full but my initial thoughts would be:

Cobra meetings are usually well publicised, they tend to be on the mainstream news channels as well as in the press. They are after all usually only held in times of national emergencies or major breaches of security. 5 Cobra meetings the general public were unaware of?, I'm a little dubious at the moment.

What were the dates of these cobra meetings? what dates was Covid recognised as an emergency and what date was Covid declared a pandemic, what dates were the first Covid cases in the UK recorded?.

Great timing though, a leak of this nature just as over 84 tons of PPE equipment lands in the UK and an important appointment of a tsar to ensure continued supplies of PPE.

Anyway,

Gove on Marr hasn't denied the meetings took place. He was trying to downplay the importance of Cobra meetings.

What about Austerity meaning we wrote the book on planning for pandemics but we didnt spend the money.

The focus on Brexit taking away resources.

Its a catalogue of errors and incompetence.

Sponsored Links
Michael Gove says "there are 1 or 2 aspects of the Sunday Times report that are slightly off beam” - so he pretty much accepts the report is accurate.

Damning.

"“There’s no way you’re at war if your PM isn’t there,” the adviser said. “And what you learn about Boris was he didn’t chair any meetings. He liked his country breaks. He didn’t work weekends. It was like working for an old-fashioned chief executive in a local authority 20 years ago. There was a real sense that he didn’t do urgent crisis planning. It was exactly like people feared he would be.”"

BorisUnfit.jpg

Buffoon Johnson should have

Followed

Italy
France and Spains

Lead over this caper

Boris only does what is in his own interests.

And he does as little as possible to achieve it, and loves going AWOL.

He enjoys playing the fool, as he could never be a serious politician.
But the joke is now on the whole country!

How many kilos of PPE does a hospital use every day? I have no idea but I'm going to guess it's tens to hundreds of kilos a day. 84 tons, spread over 200 odd hospitals gives you about 400kg. Is that a day, a week or two hours?

Or in short, I hate it when people throw around "X" tons or "Y million pounds of". It doesn't tell you anything

How many kilos of PPE does a hospital use every day? I have no idea but I'm going to guess it's tens to hundreds of kilos a day. 84 tons, spread over 200 odd hospitals gives you about 400kg. Is that a day, a week or two hours?

Or in short, I hate it when people throw around "X" tons or "Y million pounds of". It doesn't tell you anything

I thought the words 'continued supplies' was of more relevance.

I thought the words 'continued supplies' was of more relevance.
It would be, if they were saying that they'd secured continuing supplies that'd be great news, although again that could cover anything from all-the-stuff-we-need to one-face-mask-a-month.

Saying that someone has been appointed to try to secure them is a very different story and implies that we don't have 'continued supplies' at the moment. In a perfect world we'd have spotted that upcoming shortfall ahead of time and appointed someone before we ran out.

Sponsored Links
Back