Boris skipped 5 Cobra meetings. Austerity, incompetebce and hubris.

A war and peace long post :confused:

Lefties use long documents, rules and regulations as a delay. For example, reading all of the EU's rules and regulations would take longer than an average lifetime.

Sponsored Links
Lefties use long documents
Yes I noticed that from filly...
One thing I wasn't aware of is that the Govt are now being criticized for sending PPE to Wuhan, I didn't know we'd done that, fair comment, perhaps we should have adopted Germany's attitude and told countries who were in dire need to fuk off.

So a few bullet points from The Guardian article:

“Most Cobra meetings don’t have the prime minister attending them,” Gove said. “That is the whole point.” Cobra meetings were “led by the relevant secretary of state in the relevant area”, he argued.

“Whoever is chairing those meetings reports to the prime minister. The prime minister is aware of all of these decisions and takes some of those decisions. You can take a single fact, wrench it out of context, whip it up in order to create a j’accuse narrative. But that is not fair reporting.”

Gove is correct in that prime ministers do not always, or even routinely, chair Cobra meetings. But it is common for them to do so during a major crisis.

The five meetings Johnson missed came during a period in February where he spent an entire parliamentary recess out of sight at his official country retreat of Chequers, prompting Labour to accuse him at the time of being a “part-time prime minister”.

Gove told the Ridge show that it was wrong to argue that Johnson had been “anything other than energetic, focused, determined and strong in his leadership against this virus”.

“The idea that the prime minister skipped meetings that were vital to our response to the coronavirus I think is grotesque,” Gove said.

On the shipment of PPE to China, in his interview on the Ridge show, Gove refused to say three times whether this had happened, saying only that some aspects of the Sunday Times story were wrong.
A shortage of PPE for NHS and care home staff has been a repeated criticism of the UK response to coronavirus, with the Guardian revealing on Friday that NHS staff had been told to wear plastic aprons if stocks of protective gowns ran out.

But on the Marr show he accepted it was true, saying this was done “to help with the most extreme outbreak in Wuhan”. The PPE had not come from pandemic stockpiles, Gove said, and since then the UK had received “far more” PPE from China, he added.

Asked whether the government had made mistakes in its response to the pandemic, Gove accepted this broad point: “All governments make mistakes, including our own. We seek to learn, and to improve every day. It is the case, I’m sure, at some point in the future that there will be an opportunity for us to look back, to reflect and to learn some profound lessons.”

He could send a glass eye to sleep.

"Olympics chief executive and Treasury minister Paul Deighton has been appointed to lead a national effort to produce more essential PPE.

Ministers are comparing his appointment to that of Daily Express proprietor Lord Beaverbrook as minister of aircraft production by Winston Churchill on the eve of the Battle of Britain in May 1940 to galvanise the output of fighter planes."

Ministers and the Daily Express - that figures!

Problem is the tory party decimated UK manufacturing in order that a few of their chums could make a mint...

By outsourcing to China!

Now the proverbial has hit the fan, maybe they could tell us exactly how we are to 'galvanise' the production of the essentials we now need?

And bojo ain't no Churchill...

This propaganda stinks of that weirdo cummings - the modern day goebbels!

Sponsored Links
WTO Brexit, EU collapse and Trump re elected. You, John D, Glanshead, lally "I'm leaving, no actually I'm a bullshitter" and Knoknob will have so much to whine about. You could bore a corpse back to life you lot.
oh look mitch66 is whining

thats the problem with brexiteers, they keep saying how they won, but they cant stop moaning.

and please retract your incorrect statement: somebody who changes their mind is not a bulls hitter. Perhaps it is too hard for you to comprehend -do you need it explaining in simple detail?

There's a very good reason the BBC didn't cover it, it's a non story. that's why it's only been covered by a tw@t on twitter. No doubt a few idiots will lap it up.
what do you mean 'a few idiots will lap it up'?

it is what he actually said

Boris Johnson made a speech where he said if the UK chose herd immunity, it could profit from it?

do you mean if fillyboy puts his fingers in his ears and shouts la la la la la.....it never happened.

Well I guess you're happy with a totally incompetent 'leader' of the country then?
Why do you always extract pleasure out of pain and death in the UK so you can say “I told you so”. ...Pathetic

Sponsored Links
Back