Boris skipped 5 Cobra meetings. Austerity, incompetebce and hubris.

We all know it's because admitting we did a **** job managing Covid-19 would be embarrassing for Boris and the Tory party, and in turn those that voted for them.

If the Tory party were just honest about it rather putting spin on it -their critics would be far more supportive. they just cant help putting spin on everything. Boris just tell us the truth.

Sponsored Links
If the Tory party were just honest about it rather putting spin on it -their critics would be far more supportive. they just cant help putting spin on everything. Boris just tell us the truth.
Some critics might, I like to think I would, but let's face it not all of them/us would.

Sponsored Links
We all know it's because admitting we did a **** job managing Covid-19 would be embarrassing for Boris and the Tory party, and in turn those that voted for them. But that sort of avoidance of responsibility and focus also means that we'll continue to make more mistakes and have even more
Everyone is human and makes mistakes.Even you.I have no problem with admitting Boris made mistakes and learning from them if he did...Absolutely no embarressment involved in admitting one is wrong.When the pandemic is over,learn all the lessons then,not half baked ASSumptions now.

Everyone is human and makes mistakes.Even you.I have no problem with admitting Boris made mistakes and learning from them if he did...Absolutely no embarressment involved in admitting one is wrong.When the pandemic is over,learn all the lessons then,not half baked ASSumptions now.
So nothing to learn for another year or two. Until then we should sit here and pretend he's doing a bang up job. :rolleyes:

thats a convenient excuse to avoid scrutiny of your hero.

If theres no embarrassment in admitting one is wrong why are the Tories so hell bent on misrepresenting facts, massaging figures, saying they are following the science and generally doing the absolute opposite of admitting they have made mistakes.

Don't blame Boris - he is just a figure head. That's why specific ministers run each of the briefs according to what is being suggested, It's also why things just continued when he was ill. However he is as all PM's a potential scapegoat autocratic or not. A few are. Boris isn't. Blame the lot and any other political advisers.

eg Chairman of the 1922 committee mutters about people on furlough that needn't be - look what followed. Even Mrs T had to listen to them.

One thing about this lot and current arguments with the EU is that they may want some Corbynism with a twist. Not much different really as still the state pumping money into business and infrastructure.

Don't blame Boris - he is just a figure head. That's why specific ministers run each of the briefs according to what is being suggested, It's also why things just continued when he was ill. However he is as all PM's a potential scapegoat autocratic or not. A few are. Boris isn't. Blame the lot and any other political advisers.
Boris is the one that appoints his ministers. And he is the one that sacks them if they dissent from his preferred thinking, or fail to support his policies/comments.
I appreciate there are arguments that it is Cummings who is doing all the string pulling. But we can't sack Cummings, because the elected PM desires his guidance. Cummings's speciality is PR, not premiership, but he is Boris's choice.
Boris is not just a figurehead. He is the one that is accountable, and only him. He is the one that appointed sycophants and sacked dissenters. You could argue that the whole Tory party is accountable because they elected their leader, but in reality, how far back down the chain is it reasonable to go?

Boris is the one that appoints his ministers. And he is the one that sacks them if they dissent from his preferred thinking, or fail to support his policies/comments.
I appreciate there are arguments that it is Cummings who is doing all the string pulling. But we can't sack Cummings, because the elected PM desires his guidance. Cummings's speciality is PR, not premiership, but he is Boris's choice.
Boris is not just a figurehead. He is the one that is accountable, and only him. He is the one that appointed sycophants and sacked dissenters. You could argue that the whole Tory party is accountable because they elected their leader, but in reality, how far back down the chain is it reasonable to go?

With some cabinets I wouldn't argue with that but in this case he is the figurehead the group that selected him chose to get elected. That group then gets to be in the cabinet. The Tory's do not work in the same fashion as Labour down to the 1922 committee who are more into policy and noises in private. Keep them happy and Tory's don't usually row with each other.

That isn't true of Labour who do argue publicly at times which of course always gets into the media. ;) They need a committee too that beats up people that don't play ball. Their party does have a problem - set a policy and at some point some will start arguing about it in public. Healthier really as they are just views.

Actually as a PM I am not convinced Boris will last that long. His speeches in parliament are not well regarded. He's lost the thread of what he is saying at times. Recently it was hard to tell if he was for staying at home or going to work - just by a reported asking about people with kids. It took him a while to answer that correctly - hope employers will see that aspect sensibly. ;) Then well it's all common sense.

"""""Honestly heart breaking sick to death of seeing everyone slag him off and moan about how he should of put us in lockdown sooner, moaned right the way through having to stay indoors, then moan about how he hasn't lifted it yet or how much of a **** job he's doing, all while he's probably paying 80% of wages to sit at home on your arse and stay safe.
Anybody any idea about the colossal amount of ins and outs of putting an entire country in lockdown? No thought not.

Everyone mourned when Caroline Flack killed herself because of how society reacted to something they knew **** all about...and yet here we are again.
And you all wonder why the world is like it is today?? Society is ugly.

I'm ready to tell the haters to **** Off!

Keep going Boris"""""

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody any idea about the colossal amount of ins and outs of putting an entire country in lockdown? No thought not.

What has Johnson done? -have you forgotten he took a holiday at the beginning of this crisis then was too lazy to attend CBRA meetings

What has he and the cabinet done exactly?
the colossal amount work has been down to the civil service, not them.

you voted for him, so own it and stop whining -its time you took responsibility for voting in a govt that has allowed 2nd highest death numbers in the world because of incompetence and arrogance.

oh look:
"As the virus spread into Europe in mid-February, an alert prime minister would have taken immediate charge, turbocharging preparations, aware that a possible pandemic posed a grave danger to Britain. Instead, he vanished from public view for 12 days, most of it spent on a private holiday with his pregnant fiancée at a palatial country house."

Boris Johnson is even too lazy to read:

Boris Johnson’s aides told to keep briefing memos to two pages or less ‘otherwise the PM won’t read them’
  • Aides to PM have apparently been told to keep memos for Boris Johnson short
  • All briefing memos must be 'no more than four pages' but two pages 'preferable'
  • Dominic Cummings blocks long briefings from going in PM's ministerial red box

I'm ready to tell the haters to **** Off
Diddums
its because you cant handle the truth.

and dont forget -there will be another crisis on 1st Jan 2021 -which Johnson wont have the skills to manage despite the fact that one is entirely self inflicted.

I don't hate him. Just think he is a bit of a duffer. The people behind him that really handle things do worry me though. We've had a new labour. We now have a new tory but a number of the ones that caused May to say they were becoming the nasty party are still around.

The other point of course is that they can't be called the conservatives any more. It implies an attitude that they probably never have had. They are also well into the use of more extreme spin. More than any other party in my opinion except maybe the Liberals who just want to stand a chance of being elected. ;) Mind you Campbell is a very intelligent man and well skilled at his trade.

In short they are more used to being able to tell the public what ever they fancy and not really worrying about what effect their actions have or the real truth.

I don't hate him. Just think he is a bit of a duffer. The people behind him that really handle things do worry me though. We've had a new labour. We now have a new tory but a number of the ones that caused May to say they were becoming the nasty party are still around.

The other point of course is that they can't be called the conservatives any more. It implies an attitude that they probably never have had. They are also well into the use of more extreme spin. More than any other party in my opinion except maybe the Liberals who just want to stand a chance of being elected. ;) Mind you Campbell is a very intelligent man and well skilled at his trade.

In short they are more used to being able to tell the public what ever they fancy and not really worrying about what effect their actions have or the real truth.

Who's Campbell?

Sponsored Links
Back