Bosch combi question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch 35CDi combi boiler. It's 10 years old I think and has over the last little while developed a habit of ignition lockout. Just when the weather is at its worst it's got worse and the lockout is happening several times a day. Seems it is ok for say 20 minutes or more and then it the lockout happens and you need to push the reset button. Length of time between lockouts seems a bit random.

I'm not going to do any DIY but just have a general question or if anyone can give a guestimate.

Obviously I'm going to get it properly serviced asap (last one done Oct 09) by British Gas. Becausse of weather impossible to get anyone out quickly to sort it out. In the meantime i was wondering if 10 years on this boiler, is it reasonable to expect it to last quite a long time yet? I've not owned the house since it was installed so don;t know what the history of it is. Don't want the big expensse of a new boiler but wondering if it's not easy and cheapish to fix ....

Any ideas would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Erm is lack of replies people not wanting to tell me I got a rubbishy poor quality combi on my hands ?? :confused:

no its not a frozen condensate,coukd be several reasons from gas pressures to ignition failier or heat related

Sponsored Links
Thanks for those two helpful suggestions. The boiler now doesn't seem to stay on for long at all after using the reset button. Have got electric heaters in main rooms to keep them at least a bit warm brrrrrr.

I was wondering regarding possible replacement versus repair costs.

If anyone has experience of this boiler - is this boiler of good quality and would 10 years old mean it has got quite a good few years of use in it?

I know this depends on individual installations and matinanecnce, but generally speaking.

Thanks for help.

if its i good nick its good for a few years all parts are available and the boiler is known to be pretty good unit

Thanks thats good to know.

Suppose a lot of people having the same problems, but phoned up British Gas to try to get them out and they are dealing only with their own contracted customers at the mo as so busy. Will have to try to find someone good in to come and fix and service it .... brrrr it is cold.

Cheers

that boiler is a top boiler with years left in it! Which lights in the sequence flash and how fast?

It doesn't have a condensate forget that one! Is it the mark 1 or 2? Mark one has two pumps!

the sequence of flashing gives excellent fault finding on these. i went to one on friday and replaced a pcb but i very rarely see faulty ones!

Thanks for that.
It is a 35CDi (NOT the one with the II after the model number)

The flashing is from the Central Heating Demand Lightg indicator, is a slowish (I think it is the one second one noted in the manual) and from the manual it just says it indicates an ingnition lockout.

Thanks for trying to help.

jack this is a very easy prob to sort (when stood in front of the boiler!)

unfortunately not by you as it will be an ignition problem and hence the territory of an rgi! best of luck.

Appreicate your advice.

It's good to know it's a decent boiler and worth getting sorted.

Will check out a corgi chap to come and fix it and service.

Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back