Bosch Condenser Dryer "Clean Container" (secret flap door)

Just wanted to say I have the secret flap as well! - mine is a Bosch Exxcel WTE84307/GB.
Didn't have problems with container lights etc (yet) Was having problems with a squeal (drum support rollers I think -given then a clean and squeak seem to be cured) -anyway looking around for more info I found this thread so checked my dryer while I was fiddling with it - mine was full of fluff and water too so gave it a good clean out...

I have this same model of tumble dryer and I can't seem to find the secret flap! Can you please tell me where it is? I have got down on the floor and opened the lower left panel, taken out the air filter, cleaned it, removed any gunk in the space it came from and removed a ton of really gross gunk right out the very back and up above as far as my hand would reach! But can't seem to find the flap! :( any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi
It looks just like the photos for another machine in a previous post ...but this is mine as well - click on the image to see the larger version...
-
grey arrows show where the catches are you put your finger in the hole and pull toward the front. As a PP poster said - I find doing one with one hand whilst pulling up the edge with the other hand works best...
Second photo is when it has been removed
Good Luck...its a mucky but satisfying job... :LOL:

I had the same problem with the container light flashing on my Bosch dryer afte 5 mins. Found the secret flap, cleared the gunge and works fine !

Its a bit fiddly getting your arms & fingers in a position to lift the flap but once done get all of it out and clean with a cloth.

Many thanks for the brilliant advice !

Thank you Bnaji!

Found this (reconciling with making do without dryer until someone sorts it out) and 5 minutes later it's working fine. Bosch Clasixx 7, trapdoor (have long nails so no problems opening it one handed :)), gunk out, sorted.
Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
I found and cleaned/dried the 'hidden' pump compartment and everything worked well for a few months, but it again needed to be dried. I left the cover off as the drier worked without it and it was a pain to remove.
The compartment contains about 1cm of water level when the drier is shut down by the "Container Full" alarm and the problem has now got to the point where the drier stops when the empty compartment fills to that level with condensed water.
Manually adding more water to the compartment causes the pump to operate when re-starting the drier to reduce the water level back to 1cm, with the drier stopping soon after.

So - the pump and its level control switches appear to work - perhaps it is just an additional high-level protection switch that is failing. Any suggestions?

Thanks to Bnaji I found the secret flap, have cleaned out a lot of sludge, but the problem still persisted. I just had a visit from an engineer who fixed the problem and explained very nicely what happened. The water that comes out of the wet laundry first goes into the chamber that is covered by the secret flap, then get's pumped up to the container at the top. When this container is full the water overflows back into the chamber at the bottom and the sensors read the water level down there. The sensors sit by the side of this chamber (next to the pump, they can't be seen without opening the machine) and when they get covered in lots of sludge they still think they sit in water even though they aren't, that's why cleaning the chamber under the secret flap helps. However when the sludge gets also stuck on the sensors it might become necessary to open the side. The engineer also said if it happens again to try reaching into the secret chamber to the back/left with a small soft bottle brush to remove sludge. He also recommended to use as little fabric conditioner and washing powder as possible as this is (along with unavoidable fluff) the main cause for the sludge build up.

I had the same problem. My 1 year old Bosch Maxx 7 sensitive condenser dryer would stop after a minute or so and would indicate a full tank of water. Filter was clean, water tank empty, cooler filter think from the front bottom left of dryer was clean, made me crazy!

Found this great post, took apart my dryer, hoses clean, no problem... Then I found a "secret door" flap, whatever, located in the bottom panel in the slot where the large cooler/filter thing goes. It is in the way back on the bottom. Lies flat has two hinges that you pull in with your fingernails towards you. Lift the flap up and you have a small holding area that gets full of gelatinized sludge! Pulled out about a cup full of lint filled slime gel, dried everything, put cover back on, viola! Works like new.

You don't even have to take the dryer apart if you can find the secret flap! Oh well, at least I know how to take it apart if I ever get bored. Thanks a million for the posts you great, helpful people!

Found the flap no problem but how on earth to you lift it up?It won't shift upwards and I can not get more than two hands in there :eek:

Cracked the flap with the help of 2 keys for leverage. All clean and shiny, ish and had high hopes but still having same problem. Think the sensors have had it. Any ideas how much these are and if it's worth changing for a 6-7 year old model?

Same as everyone else. Container full after a few minutes drying. Even on a timed programme. It's an Exxcel WTE8630 condenser. The only thing I haven't trried yet is to take it apart to clean out pipes.

You mean the resorvoir tank at the bottom is full with water, not the water collection tray at the top.

Check that the pump is working too as well as clearing the pipes.

No, container light comes on after one cycle of turning, roughly a minute. Pipes are clean as a whistle, pump seems to be working ok because water in the container. Can't find replacement sensors and fed up cutting my hands. Think it's time to say bye bye. Just checked and have had this machine nearly 10 years without trouble so it doesn't owe me anything. Have ordered a new equivalent, coming tomorrow. Scrap man will be happy :) Thanks anyway

Hi,

I am trying to get to the secret flap. I understand where it is likely to be but I am stuck at the first hurdle as when I pull down the white flap on the very fron of the machine to access the condenser to remove it, all I have is a grey panel with no screws or any signs at all hoe I can get it out (to even get close to the secret door).

Could someone help ?

I have been on you tube and watched people cleaning out the secret flap but everyone I watched had either clips or twist hinges to move to pull out the condenser. I don't have that at all.

Hellllllllllllpppppppp meeeeeee !!!!! :confused:

Hi

i have a WTW84160GB Maxx 7. It's self cleaning and i can't seem to take out the filter. does this mean there is not secret flap access for me?

OMG thankyou! My Maxx 7 had exactly this problem. We were going nuts trying to work out what sensor/container/switch was causing the problem! Can't thank the OP (Bnaji) enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back