Bosch Condenser Dryer "Clean Container" (secret flap door)

I have an Exxcel WTE 86308 GB that stopped in this manner. This morning I took it apart and cleaned out the sludge, which I hope has cured it - there's a load of washing on now some of which will get tumbled (despite the temperature being 30 degrees) so fingers crossed.

I found Manju's post most useful - I just followed the dismantling process as described. However you have to be aware that there may be two types of "screw" used - into plastic they are screws, whereas into metal they are bolts. I thought it might be helpful if I added a little detail to the above post. This is what was used on my 83608:

You need two torx bits or torx screwdrivers size tx15 (to dismantle the pump motor) otherwise tx20 for all the screws/bolts.
Remove top cover removing two back corner bolts, slide backwards and lift out.

Next thing is to remove the left hand panel (as you are facing the machine) or the nearest to the wastage tank. Remove 2 bolts from the top, the remaining 2 bolts and 2 screws from the rear, one bolt at bottom. Then remove waste tank; behind the front you'll find 3 screws holding the plastic control panel, remove them and the countersunk bolt on the right. Pull the whole control panel towards you; you'll hear unclipping noise (3 clips on top, 1 underneath) but it's fine. This reveals 2 more bolts holding left panel. Remove them.

Once all fixings are removed you have to slide the panel backwards by prying off from front side. Remove panel.

Now u'll see a black hose and a white plastic pipe connecting the pump at bottom rear corner. Firstly remove the plastic pump cover to gain access to pump (one screw and press clips from sides, lift up). Then disconnect two wiring connections to pump and the black hose. U'll find a clip retaining the pump next to wiring securing clip. Unclip and slide pump forwards. (On mine I then removed the wiring clip from the pump assembly by squeezing and pushing through, to free the pump completely).

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/b...-container-issues.248668/page-4#ixzz4EllTzAID

Sponsored Links
Hi - before I resort to taking my Bosch drier apart - I have a question about the secret sludge trap please... learning this existed a few weeks ago on this forum was brilliant and I've had several bleeping free tumbles since then. Today the bleeping came back and the sludge trap was full again. Because the flap is tricky to get off when reaching in - and it seems like this will now be regular maintenance - is there any downside to leave the flap off and just reaching in to mop it out once a week? I did also think leaving some kind of sponge in there to soak it up might work - but was worried about it expanding. Thank you for again for telling me about the secret flap - brilliant!

Hi hoping someone can help. I have a Bosch condenser dryer. It runs for about 5 minutes, and stops, and the "Container Clean" light comes on, even though the container is clean, the lint trap is clear, and the water drum is empty. We are tearing our hair out with this! The only solution is to turn the dryer off, turn it back on again, and let it run for 5 or so minutes until it stops again.
I am thinking there must be some kind of sensor in the machine that has become dirty over time, thereby triggering the light to come on and the dryer to stop, but have no idea where it is and would really love to avoid calling a Bosch repairman to come out and fix this problem.
Any ideas welcome, thanks for readin!
hi
my first post . following on from other treads remove the air box then reach inside towards the rear of the air box space ,there is a small access door if u flip this up there will be fluff and wet lint inside..but f you use your right hand and turn it slightly to the left inside the small chamber ou will feel a vertical tube going towards the water bottle . now feel carefully and there is a small button type piece sticking out raise and lower this several times to make sure its free running ..i think this is what tells the water biottle its full

Hi again - update to previous post - have now had Bosch engineer round. Turns out it the heater needed replacing because of a known problem with a sensor on it. He says the sludge trap doesn't emptying as it gets pumped out when a certain level is reached - which probably makes sense as it would have leaked out of the machine by now.

Sponsored Links
Hi
It looks just like the photos for another machine in a previous post ...but this is mine as well - click on the image to see the larger version...
-
grey arrows show where the catches are you put your finger in the hole and pull toward the front. As a PP poster said - I find doing one with one hand whilst pulling up the edge with the other hand works best...
Second photo is when it has been removed
Good Luck...its a mucky but satisfying job... :LOL:

Awesome! This is where the culprit. My dryer has been working perfectly after removing all the lint sludge under this compartment. You need some small flat plastic to pry this flap to open (i had to use small plastic knives to open the flap).

I'm using Classixx 7 and the problem had occurred after 2 years of day to day drying.

Thank you all.

Just managed to sort the issue out. I had container full light coming on all the time on Classixx 7. I guess most models have same setup so good luck.

You need two torx bits or torx screwdrivers size tx15 or tx20.
Remove top cover removing two back screws, slide backwards and lift out.

Next thing is to remove the left hand panel (as you are facing the machine) or the nearest to the wastage tank. Remove screws from top, rear, one screw at bottom and then remove waste tank, u'll find 3 screws, remove and pull the plastic panel towards you and let it rest on screw on right. you'll hear uncliping noise but it's fine. U'll reveal couple more screws holding left panel. Remove them.

Once all screws are removed you have to slide the panel backwards by prying off from front side. Remove panel.

Now u'll see a black hose and a white plastic pipe connecting the pump at bottom rear corner. Firstly remove the plastic pump cover to gain access to pump(one screw and press clips from sides, lift up). Then disconnect two wiring connections to pump. U'll find a clip retaining the pump next to wiring securing clip. Unclip and slide pump forwards. Remove the pump and clean all dirt and also clean thoroughly the two metal pins which make container light flash. Also remove the water trap and u'll see another cover to access more dirt.

Once all clean refit in reverse order.
Takes about 20 minutes

Hope this helps, please let me know

I to had this problem, I did it the hard way by dismantling the machine, when I removed the pump there was sludge in the pipe and pump. Also the contacts were dirty, this was probably causing the regular issue. Cleaning by the flap removal would not get into all the books and crannys. Since cleaning and following Ghanjis instruction all working well. Great savings.

Having just had this happen with my tumble, We had recently found the hidden section by ourselves, but in cleaning it out we made our problem worse.

In our case the float (water level sensor) had gotten gummed up even more so it thought the container was full.

Symptoms were:

1) pump would run when power was turned on trying to empty the tank

2) around about a minute of running would flash the container LED.

So if your going inside the unit its definitely worth taking the pump and sensor assembly out (easier than trying to clean it in place)and giving it a good clean.

Have registered just to say thank you. Just about given up hope and was on line ready to order a new tumble dryer. Thank you for your advice.

Hi

I have the Bosch maxx 6 wtc84100gb and am unable to locate the secret flap if it all exists in this particular model. Can anyone please advise on its location if it does exist on this machine? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank

Hi

I have the Bosch maxx 6 wtc84100gb and am unable to locate the secret flap if it all exists in this particular model. Can anyone please advise on its location if it does exist on this machine? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank

I think we are both the "LOST" ones, mine doesn't have a flap or pump. Does yours? And my water container is in the bottom of the dryer as well, which makes sense as to why no pump.

Anyway, I just found a possible solution, which I am going to try out in the weekend, here you go as well...

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/47fmd-hi-bosch-condenser-tumble-dryer-lately-will.html

I hope, it ends your problems as well as mine.

best regards,

Thanks for reply Eugene, I'm cutting my losses and sending it back. I bought it used so returning it and getting a new one instead.

Hope u get yours sorted.

I had the same problem. My 1 year old Bosch Maxx 7 sensitive condenser dryer would stop after a minute or so and would indicate a full tank of water. I found a "secret door" flap, whatever, located in the bottom panel in the slot where the large cooler/filter thing goes. It is in the way back on the bottom. Lies flat has two hinges that you pull in with your fingernails towards you. Lift the flap up and you have a small holding area that gets full of gelatinized sludge! Pulled out about a cup full of lint filled slime gel, dried everything, put cover back on, viola! Works like new.

You don't even have to take the dryer apart if you can find the secret flap! Oh well, at least I know how to take it apart if I ever get bored. Thanks a million for the posts you great, helpful people!
Two points to add:
1. You can also reach this well by removing the left side panel. It's where the condensate collects before an impeller motor draws it up the pipe at the back left ot the machine to expel it into the container that needs emptying frequently. Accessing it this way allows for a spotless clean and removal of the impeller assembly to clean that, too.
2. Make sure you refit the secret panel correctly. It must lie perfectly flat so that the seal on the removable part (bottom left) makes full contact. Otherwise the room will fill with steam!

I had the same problem. My 1 year old Bosch Maxx 7 sensitive condenser dryer would stop after a minute or so and would indicate a full tank of water. Filter was clean, water tank empty, cooler filter think from the front bottom left of dryer was clean, made me crazy!

Found this great post, took apart my dryer, hoses clean, no problem... Then I found a "secret door" flap, whatever, located in the bottom panel in the slot where the large cooler/filter thing goes. It is in the way back on the bottom. Lies flat has two hinges that you pull in with your fingernails towards you. Lift the flap up and you have a small holding area that gets full of gelatinized sludge! Pulled out about a cup full of lint filled slime gel, dried everything, put cover back on, viola! Works like new.

You don't even have to take the dryer apart if you can find the secret flap! Oh well, at least I know how to take it apart if I ever get bored. Thanks a million for the posts you great, helpful people!

Thank you for this post. Once I read your note I found the secret door flap, after I had cleaned all the filters, the water tank, the internal back cover of the machine etc. I tried absolutely everything and still my dryer kept stopping and showing tank full. I cleared out the area beneath the flap which had loads of sludge, fluff etc. my tumble dryer now is as good as new and dries the clothes without stopping. Bosch won't be pleased with you for revealing the "secret door flap" but the many, many readers of your post will be very grateful to you for saving us the cost of an engineer's visit or a new tumble dryer! Mary K.

I had the same problem. My 1 year old Bosch Maxx 7 sensitive condenser dryer would stop after a minute or so and would indicate a full tank of water. Filter was clean, water tank empty, cooler filter think from the front bottom left of dryer was clean, made me crazy!

Found this great post, took apart my dryer, hoses clean, no problem... Then I found a "secret door" flap, whatever, located in the bottom panel in the slot where the large cooler/filter thing goes. It is in the way back on the bottom. Lies flat has two hinges that you pull in with your fingernails towards you. Lift the flap up and you have a small holding area that gets full of gelatinized sludge! Pulled out about a cup full of lint filled slime gel, dried everything, put cover back on, viola! Works like new.

Thank you for this post - the "secret door" flap is the answer! I had cleaned the filters, the water container, the internal back cover of the machine but nothing worked the tank full light kept coming on after about a minute. Once I had cleaned the area under the secret door flap my machine worked a dream and dried the clothes without stopping. Bosch won't be pleased with you for revealing the secret flap but I and many others are grateful to you for saving us the cost of paying for an engineer's visit or just giving up and buying a new machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back