Bosch Condenser Dryer "Clean Container" (secret flap door)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hoping someone can help. I have a Bosch condenser dryer. It runs for about 5 minutes, and stops, and the "Container Clean" light comes on, even though the container is clean, the lint trap is clear, and the water drum is empty. We are tearing our hair out with this! The only solution is to turn the dryer off, turn it back on again, and let it run for 5 or so minutes until it stops again.
I am thinking there must be some kind of sensor in the machine that has become dirty over time, thereby triggering the light to come on and the dryer to stop, but have no idea where it is and would really love to avoid calling a Bosch repairman to come out and fix this problem.
Any ideas welcome, thanks for readin!

Sponsored Links
Hi, the model is a MAXX 6, and the number inside the door is: wtc84100gb/02 fd 8911 200137. Thanks!

I note that you have cleaned the lint filter...but have you ever cleaned out the air cooler??? Unlock the maintenance door at the front. Remove the outer cover, pull out the air cooler cassette and give it a good flush out with a garden hose or use a bucket or two of warm water. While you're at it pull out the water container & make sure the valve on the end isn't clogged. All this should be in your user manual. If you don't have one download it here http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/quick-links/customer-service/download-product-manuals.html (you'll need to type in the E number).

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes, I have cleaned the air cooler out many, many times. The water bottle fills up easily, so I don't think it's a problem with clogging either, although I will check that.
Thanks for the link to the manual- the manual that came with my dryer offers no advice for a problem like this, other than to clean the things I have cleaned over and over again with no luck.

With the plug removed take off the heater cover at the back. Inspect the heater element & the air channel behind it for a bad build up of fluff etc. A constriction in air flow here can trigger a filter alarm. Another thing that can cause the dryer to shut off after a few mins is a fault on the component that measures residual dampness in the drying load. There are 2 raised electrode bars just inside the front inner edge of the drum. If you put your hand inside the door lip at the front (behind where the lint filter fits) you should feel 2 raised bars about 3 inches long. These monitor residual dampness & can be affected by contamination from fabric softeners & thereby give a false indication. Clean them well with a water vinegar mixture. Let us know how you get on.

I had the same problem. My 1 year old Bosch Maxx 7 sensitive condenser dryer would stop after a minute or so and would indicate a full tank of water. Filter was clean, water tank empty, cooler filter think from the front bottom left of dryer was clean, made me crazy!

Found this great post, took apart my dryer, hoses clean, no problem... Then I found a "secret door" flap, whatever, located in the bottom panel in the slot where the large cooler/filter thing goes. It is in the way back on the bottom. Lies flat has two hinges that you pull in with your fingernails towards you. Lift the flap up and you have a small holding area that gets full of gelatinized sludge! Pulled out about a cup full of lint filled slime gel, dried everything, put cover back on, viola! Works like new.

You don't even have to take the dryer apart if you can find the secret flap! Oh well, at least I know how to take it apart if I ever get bored. Thanks a million for the posts you great, helpful people!

Hi, My Maxx 6 has recently started to only run for a few minutes then full water light on and it shuts off.
Where is the full water sensor located?
Its weird, I can run the dryer with the water container out, its always been like this.
Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem. My 1 year old Bosch Maxx 7 sensitive condenser dryer would stop after a minute or so and would indicate a full tank of water. Filter was clean, water tank empty, cooler filter think from the front bottom left of dryer was clean, made me crazy!

Found this great post, took apart my dryer, hoses clean, no problem... Then I found a "secret door" flap, whatever, located in the bottom panel in the slot where the large cooler/filter thing goes. It is in the way back on the bottom. Lies flat has two hinges that you pull in with your fingernails towards you. Lift the flap up and you have a small holding area that gets full of gelatinized sludge! Pulled out about a cup full of lint filled slime gel, dried everything, put cover back on, viola! Works like new.

You don't even have to take the dryer apart if you can find the secret flap! Oh well, at least I know how to take it apart if I ever get bored. Thanks a million for the posts you great, helpful people!

Thank you SO much for your advice. We had the same problem with our Maxx6 Sensitive, which we've had for five years, and were getting ready to scrap it and buy a new one. I would never - in a million years - have found the secret door flap, but after following your advice the dryer now works perfectly and you've just saved me nearly 5000 Danish Krone :) If you're ever in Copenhagen let me know so that I can buy you several beers! :D

You don't even have to take the dryer apart if you can find the secret flap
! Oh well, at least I know how to take it apart if I ever get bored. Thanks a million for the posts you great, helpful people!

I found the secret door and fixed the same problem with my maxx 6 in a few minutes! Thanks so much!!! ;)

OMG found this secret flap cleaned out the Gunk and the Dryer is working , our Bosch was 4 yrs old and was just contemplating buying a new one for xmas , instead can get the ipad air we wanted

thanks for flagging the secret flap. i am trying to find it. is it on the left or right sections at the bottom of the dryer? the left is the condenser which I can take out but dont seem to be able to find the hinges? The right looks like a cooler but I don't seem to be able to take out. Please help as i am keen to get my dryer working again. Thank you

Thanks="HEREWARDMARK";p="2929781"]I had the same problem. My 1 year old Bosch Maxx 7 sensitive condenser dryer would stop after a minute or so and would indicate a full tank of water. Filter was clean, water tank empty, cooler filter think from the front bottom left of dryer was clean, made me crazy!

OMG found this secret flap cleaned out the Gunk and the Dryer is working , our Bosch was 4 yrs old and was just contemplating buying a new one for xmas , instead can get the ipad air we wanted[/quote]

once you find this "secret flap" fingers alone to pull out the gunk isn't enough. would recommend using a quality kitchen towel/cloth to stick in there and fish out whatever you can. And make sure you reach the area where the water pump is located (located to left once you're inside this flap bit)

can't believe Bosch didn't make this cleaning (1) easier , (2) explicit in the care & maintenance. I do mine every 2-3 months

Just wanted to say I have the secret flap as well! - mine is a Bosch Exxcel WTE84307/GB.
Didn't have problems with container lights etc (yet) Was having problems with a squeal (drum support rollers I think -given then a clean and squeak seem to be cured) -anyway looking around for more info I found this thread so checked my dryer while I was fiddling with it - mine was full of fluff and water too so gave it a good clean out...

After fiddling around with the Bosch dryer for hours, cleaning all the parts I knew about, I gave up and went to the net to search for solutions. And when I read about the secret flap I went back and finally found it, opened up and discovered loads of slushy stuff… After thorough cleaning and drying I re-started the dryer .. and it is now humming and running like brand new!
Thanks a million for posting the tip about the secret flap, which Bosch probably planned to keep secret in order to make some money on services.

Thanks again! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back