Bosch corded jigsaw sporadically doesn't work - any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pretty standard home DIY Bosch jigsaw. I don't know the model but it's about 10 years old though has had very little use.

I've been using it this week and a few times I pull the trigger and... nothing. But then I'll try a moment later and it works fine, multiple cuts all good releasing the trigger in-between.
Yesterday I just couldn't get it to go at all.

Any suggestions what to do? If it's not a tiny trivial thing I will just get a cordless Dewalt...

Sponsored Links
John has it! (I think) I have had Bosch jigsaws for a lot of my working life and this is a common problem. Open the rear of the casing up, note where the cables go to, shorten the flex by 3 or 4 inches and then reconnect. Often completely cures it. It's the pressure on the cable clamp which causes a lot of the issues IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I investigated this evening and it seems in my case, the issue is the trigger. I used an electrician's tool to verify the trigger was live and took the case off. And I've discovered wiggling the trigger sideways tends to resolve it even without moving the saw itself.

I've yet to figure out if a new trigger is worth the cost. The trigger wiring is VERY simple (two wires in, two wires out) so I might set if I can see a fixable fault... Loose wire or something.
I've heard people suggest 'hot wiring' the trigger but I'm less keen on that ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back