bosch dishwasher flood sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

i have one of the versions of the common bosch dishwasher (60cm)
it is stuck on pump
so i took the sides off to check for a leak
yes there was one
but i assume the flood sensor is the 5" diameter polystyrene piece attached to the metallic push button piece.
so i then run the dishwasher as normal pressing this polystyrene down with a scredriver to test if this was the culprit.
but it is still stuck on pump
so i am a little confused
there is a time delay LED which has a line by the wash symbol and a dot by the dry symbol - is that a clue

Sponsored Links
I would not run a Bosch with a suspected leak until the leak is found and fixed as the circulation motor sits quite low in the base and a common point for a leak is the pump/sump seal

This means the pump could be getting rather damp to say the least

The polystyrene block is part of the flood protection device and is attached to a mirco switch which operates the pump

Sponsored Links
I would not run a Bosch with a suspected leak until the leak is found and fixed as the circulation motor sits quite low in the base and a common point for a leak is the pump/sump seal

This means the pump could be getting rather damp to say the least

The polystyrene block is part of the flood protection device and is attached to a mirco switch which operates the pump

How does one get access to the pump/sump seal if the whole base is the trough for collecting water. How do you get this base off to gain access to the sump ?

is a bit of a mission but can be done patiently

undo t20 bolts inside the machine that hold the sump
take off the lid
undo the front metallic plate that holds the wiring loom
take off the side panels
undo the door spring latches
then turn it upside down
undo the t20 bolts at each corner holding the base to the cabinet

then you will see that you can have access to the sump

Cakeman

Thanks for that !

Can you please be more explicite by what you mean by " undo the door spring latches ".

Also the front plate does not contain any wiring loom!

My machine is not the Bosch but I believe the Neff is the same machine!

Can I explain the reason for my initial problem prompted after I read the previous good help that was given.

I have a Neff S54M45x5GB/01 Dishwasher. It is just over 2 years old ( out of warrenty) but has only been used about 50 times.

With the side panels off I can see that water collects in the base ( but it appears to only do it on emptying ) until the float switch is activated. There is approximately a mug full of water each time. Just enough to activate the float but not enough to flow out onto the floor.

Unfortunately I cannot see where the leak is coming from and I cannot seem to see how to remove the whole solid plastic base ( which acts as a trough ) to gain access to the main pump.

I would have thought that gaining access to the main pump would be fairly straightforward for maintenance purposes. If I turn the machine completely upside down will I then be able to remove the whole of the base without having to unscrew any other individual componants or touching the door counter balance assembly?

How can I remove the whole plastic base from the machine and do I have to turn the machine completely upside down to achieve this result?

Any help would be appreciated and as detailed as possible please!!

Thanks a lot!

Don

ok
you can try with the machine unplugged
throw some water in the tub and check for the leak by having a look

the door spring is attached to the sides of the door via a nylon string and fastens to the underside

Cakeman

I appreciate your help!

Unfortunately I will not be able to try your suggestions for a few days but will get back to you then !

I'm sure I will need more help !

Regards

Don

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back