Bosch dishwasher SGS43C02GB/35 not draining/filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The above dishwasher failed to drain the last time it was run so rather than do simple thing and get someone to have a look, I decided to have a go myself. I ended up replacing the inlet value but that hasn't fixed the issue.

The symptoms are:
- Water doesn't drain
- If manually drained, (lifting the red switch in the photo) water is pumped out through the waste pipe
- When turning it back on, no water comes in (hence replacing the inlet valve) and it heats and circulates the little water that was left after draining.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

IMG_20151011_150727294.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have similar problem on my bosch exxel SGS45E02GB/45 & think I've narrowed it down to replacing the Drain Pump http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Pumpdrain/00165261

I made sure It was not blocked from inside 1st. But still no joy draining. Hence my susspision about the pump not running.

BUT I can't get the side off or the bottom. I got as far as removing the 2 screws at front which loosed it but then no obvious way of removing the side itself. How did you get your side off.?? Do you know how to remove the base?

My question with pics is here
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/h...bosch-exxcel-dishwasher-sgs45e02gb-45.445733/

Many thanks

Hi,

To take the side off, I needed to remove the top which was straight forward. From memory, there are a couple of plastic catches at the rear that need pushing while trying to slide the top. From your description, I don't think you'll find access to the drain pump there.

Please report back on how you get on, I still haven't fixed mine yet!

Thanks for that. Got the side off & tried the red switch as you did which made the drain pump work.
Also ran a quick wash with drain pipe into a bucket. Which proved the pump worked during the cycle as some water was pumped out intermitently. However at end of cycle water was still left in machine which I drained with red switch again.

So my drain pump does work, so I won't buy a new one.

But something is not telling it to switch on at end, so I'm stuck again!!

Anyone with ideas?

Sponsored Links
They definitely sounds like very similar issues! If you manually drain yours and then turn it on for a normal cycle, does it fill with water? I'm pretty sure mine doesn't.

Now I have the side off, yes I can see the water filling during a cycle.
I wonder if there's an issue with the control board not working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back