Bosch Dishwasher (sgs5342gb) stuck in cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi .. I have a Bosch dishwasher (Hyrdosensor - SGS5342GB) that has suddenly got stuck in a cycle. I have reset, turned off, turned on etc.. but a new cycle starts, but it just stays at 94mins to go with the pump sounding like it's operating.

I have cleaned out the filters and removed the little cover with a 'torx 20' and cleaned in there .. it then worked .. once! .. now it doesn't again. :confused:

Could it be the drain pump ? if so where can I get one and is it easy to fit?

I also read somewhere that it could be the 'anti flood' device !?! .. how can I check and fix that?

Many thanks

Phil.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it's leaked into the base and activated the anti flood device.
Left hand panel off and you'll see the red lever coming from the base to the microswitch. Look into the base, if it's flooded you'll need to drain it and then check for a leak.

Hi .. thanks for the advice. Now that Christmas is over I've got the dishwasher apart all over the kitchen floor.

There is a reasonable amount of water in the base of the appliance, and that does seem to be triggering the anti flood switch.

Are there any obvious places to look for a leak? It looks like it could be coming from the pump motor on the right side. How do i get access to this ? Does the base of the appliance separate from the main body somehow? I just don't want to take bits apart that are unnecessary.

Many thanks

Phil.

Sponsored Links
Nightmare machine to take apart and work on. Basically, the door has to be unhinged along with other parts followed by removal of the tub. Lot of work and easy to damage to the tub. Best advice is to get the experts in to it. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back