Bosch dishwasher starts then stops.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bosch SGS3042 and for the last ten years I’ve had no problem with it at all. However today it has stopped washing and I need some input to sort the fault.
The fault. If I select No1 on the dial and press start the pump starts to empty any water left in the system which takes about 20 seconds then the machine stops and does nothing else. This also happens when I select No 2 on the dial. I assume the next step in the sequence is to start the main pump and heating elements, which I have checked for continuity and are OK. A assume there is something stopping there startup, but as I have not touched one of these thing before. At the moment I’m using educated guesses to arrive at a solution, obviously not the right way to diagnose a problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
First thing it does is drain water out, then it should fill with fresh water before going onto a rinse or wash part of the cycle

Check you have water going to the machine then check that the water fill valve on rear left works (it should hum and vibrate a little and let water in)

Most common problem with Bosch is clogged pressure chamber and transfer
pipe to sump

Take the lid,side and bottom kick plates off,then a strip down of the pressure chamber front lhs and remove transfer pipe.

A good clean usually gets them going if you havent a valve or switch problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back