Bosch Exxcel dishwasher intermittent emptying.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought this dishwasher secondhand last year, it worked fine at first then started not always pumping out, if you remove the filter and refit it its fine the next time you use it but after a little while it does it again. Every time I have removed the filter the the impeller freely rotates and there is very little rubbish in there. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

Sponsored Links
Constantly using these dishwashers on low temp causes the drainage pipes to clog up with grease and they can get blocked by small bits of glass etc. This has the effect of reducing the flow and putting more load on the drain motor. The only way to clear this is to pop the left hand side panel of the machine and take the big clear pipe unit out and clean it with lots of very hot water. Its also possible that your drain pump is beginning to fail and only works with a clean filter because this is the least load. Get another motor of ebay a new one is £20 and second hand much less.
Do you know if your Excel Machine is one of the ones effected by the recall and has it had the motherboard replaced. We never leave our dishwasher to cycle when no one is home just in case!

Thanks for that. I took the filter out and thoroughly cleaned it yet again and its been working OK since but I will bear in mind your suggestions in case it packs up again. It makes a loud motor type noise when you first turn it on and again when the cycle has finished, I take it that is the pump, its supposed to be quiet but our old Bosch didn't make that noise! I assume that the tapered plastic thing with the grooves in it is the impeller, looks very small.

Didn't know about the recall, is this one that catches fire?

Peter

Sponsored Links
Bearings going in the pump I think. I would get a spare pump just in case. You need to find the website with the models and serial numbers so you can check if it is there are lots. You can then check the board located at the top of the door to see if it has been upgraded or just check it anyway to make sure it has no signs of burning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back