Bosch exxcel slimline dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So started today - did a load and it didn't seem to have cleaned properly (had oven rack shelves in so no top shelf - thought one of the trays had stopped the powder dispenser opening properly) -turned it on again and at the end of the cycle it was making a churning noise but not emptying properly.
Have taken the cover off the impeller - seemed clear
Have disconnected form the drain at back - bit of standing water -but no water coming out ...so exit drain is not blocked...
Did a rinse cycle - didn't empty at all -but impeller seems to be turning! water was sploshing around during the rinse...
I think there might be a blockage somewhere inside?
(or the pump has had it ... :cry: not sure I have time to deal with that right now )

Can't tell from the diagrams on the bosch parts side what it looks like inside - can't even get the cover off the hose at the back where it goes into the machine...or know what approach I need to take to look at the hose inside

What shall I try now? Call the repair guy in - or could it still be something easy?
(My Kitchen is now in chaos - was halfway through cleaning the oven and have a more or less a load of dirty pots waiting to go in...)

Sponsored Links
No replies :(
Maybe more info would help?
I've managed to get the side panel off - found part of the top 'water inlet' full of crap -mainly greasy crud, but had a sliced mushroom in there too...
It is in a small reservoir thing around a valve (not attached to any sensors etc but has a kind of overflow that would drip inside the machine ...maybe let out steam if overheating?) but the main route round was clear...
Picture of the part I'm talking about

In the process of cleaning it out - can't get all the crud out so soaking in vinegar/bicarb/hotwater and dishwashing liquid

Is this likely to be the problem ? Hose from there to drain is clear, from what I can see the hose to the water inlet is clear...

Anywhere else I should be looking?

Different dishwasher, same possible problem:

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/miele-g1022-dishwasher-wont-fill.418596/

If you have any leak dripping and filling the tray underneath the dishwasher, it may have activated the saftey cut off float.

Either tilt the dishwasher carefully and manually drain the water with a towel or a tray. This sould re-set the float.

alternativley, you could leve it and let the water evaporate.

Assuming you have located and fixed the leak, it should work again.

If not, it may be another leak elsewhere or a different problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back