Bosch fridge freezer running most of time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bosch KGS3700 Duotronic fridge/freezer, ( has 2 compressors and 2 thermostats.), its 21 yrs old. I'm just asking if anyone could advise: - Its been running fine since 1991, one repair to replace a thermostat. However, over the last couple of years, it seems to be running most of the time, ( either the fridge, or the freezer.) Most times I walk in the kitchen I hear it, though it does turn off at intervals. It doesn't seem overly cold, just normal temperatures. I just think it might be costing more to run these days than it used to. I was thinking of replacing it. Grateful for any suggestions/advice.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like one of the compressors is struggling.
After 21 years is has done its job remarkably well...but maybe now is the right time to think putting the old dog down :(

Yes, can't fault the reliability ! Thanks for your reply, I think you are probably right. In the meantime, I have vacuumed the coils at the back and 'renovated' the door seal and it seems a bit better.

Sponsored Links
I got rid of a v old one about a year ago, and my electricity usage dropped by just over 1000 kWh in the year (seen over every month, a consistent drop, summer and winter, starting the week i unplugged it.)

It was costing me more than £100 a year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back