Bosch integrated Diswasher - Pump cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just aquired a problem with my dishwasher.

The water drainage pump just keeps going even when the water has drained.

I looked in the bottom and found the odd broken glass/sweetcorn/pea/broken chip of a cup, and 2/3 small steel round spacers (6.5mm dia by 1.2mm thick)????? and a small rubber grommet/seal????.

I removed them, cleaned the area, and checked the vanes on the pump which looks ok, and poured water in and it works fine.

But I cannot reset the machine to start the cycle from the begining as it continues its pumping. I have tried turning the system off from the plug but to no avail.

Anybody got any ideas??? The machine is about 2 years old now and has always worked well. Maybe those steel plates are proxy sensors that have come lose and trip the cycle change, who knows??

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Sponsored Links
Check under the machine in the base for water, typically the drain pump will operate constantly if the anti flood has operated. This will prevent anything else from operating.

Weak point in Bosch machines is the circulation pump/sump seal.

Thank you. It now works as I got the machine out of its bunker and maybe the jolt in doing this has tripped the flood device.

It now works fine. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back