Bosch Maxx WFL245S stuff in filter tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called by daughter who'd run out of clothes (I hate onesies!) that the w/m wouldn't work. Tried it - just an electrical hum but no action and no water entry.
Cleaned a few nails and bits out of the filter and made sure the impeller was turning, also checked drum moved ok, so I tried it again and it seems to be working now but...
If you stick your fingers in the filter aperture (sorry for any innuendo here, folks) there's an opening on the left hand wall of the tube you can stick your finger in. Not sure if this is an inlet or outlet pipe, but I can feel some stuff wiggling around inside it; maybe wire and the kind of spring you get in a biro. (IUD??). Too slippery to get a grip on and can't get a tool inside. (It's all in your mind!).
I haven't turned the machine over to see exactly what the connections are (full of offspring's washing) but anyone shed any light on whether this needs further investigation.

Secondly - any offers for the original problem? As there was no water entry it doesn't seem like standard worn brushes.

Finally, while I'm here, how do you get the lid off this model? Usually it's just remove a couple of screws at the back and slide rearwards to unlatch, but that doesn't work because the lid seems attached to the front panel. Can't see a useful Youtube video.

Cheers,
S.

Edit - 2hrs later and I'm more confused....
So first trial "Quick wash" stopped with m/c full of water and Ready light on. Wasn't listening closely so not sure how far it got.
> Tried "Drain" but no response at all.
> Tried "Spin" and it drained but no rotation and a few minutes later it clicked to "ready"
> Tried "Cold wash" and it filled but wouldn't move
> Tried "Spin" and it drained and spinned as normal
> Tried "Cold wash" again and it ran through "spin" cycle.

When motor is working, there are no sparks I would normally expect to see from bushes and sounds fine. Just really confused by intermittent failure and running the wrong cycle.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back