Bosch Multifunction Oven - 3.5Kw Installation - HELP!

IF you can replace the cable with a larger one ... then you could hard-wire it into the cooker circuit
Leon - what size is the cable which came with the oven (it should have a code stamped on it somewhere)?

It may be too small to be connected to a 32A cooker circuit.

Sponsored Links
You either need to change the MCB in the consumer unit for a 16A one, or replace the cable on the cooker for something able to take 32A. Personally I would change the breaker in the consumer unit for a 16A one. That should only cost ~£5 for a replacement MCB.

However unless you are confident and more knowledgeable than the questions you are asking here suggest I recommend you get an electrician in to swap the MCB in the consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
Depends on whether the oven needs to be fused at 16A in the first instance. In the second instance unless you have 4mm² flex already hanging about it will probably work out about the same as a 16A MCB. In the third instance it might not be that easy to replace the flex on the oven as 4mm² flex might well not fit. On the other hand if you know what you are doing swapping an MCB is a five minute job routine job.

In the third instance it might not be that easy to replace the flex on the oven as 4mm² flex might well not fit.
Indeed not.

View media item 61330
Is that a proprietary connector? If so where can a rewireable one be obtained?

Is it an IEC 60230 C19? If so, can you get one which will take 4mm²?

Actually, 2.5mm² would be OK - it's protected against overload by the nature of the load, and a B32 is OK for fault protection.

I am guessing the best thing would be to change the MCB to a 16A?
think I'll get an electrician!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back