Oven Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a new Bosch single oven 3.5KW coming and just wanted some advice to make sure the electrics are going to be okay.
At the moment I have a 32amp MCB with 6mm to a cooker switch and 13amp socket leading to an outlet behind the oven.
The current oven has black flex running out of the back of it but I am unsure about reusing that cable as the current oven is only 2.3KW.
I'm just after some advice on the above.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The oven instructions may advise how it should be connected.
If you don't want to wait till it arrives, you can perhaps find them online.

The oven instructions may advise how it should be connected.
If you don't want to wait till it arrives, you can perhaps find them online.

I did check the manual but it doesn't seem to mention much unless I am missing it??
HBA53B150B/61

To cover all possibilities, get two metres of 4mm² flex.

I shall try and get my hands on a few metres worth.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
upload_2016-3-29_19-3-15.png

upload_2016-3-29_19-4-16.png

He then also posted a screenshot of the manual, which says the oven comes with a cable

I appreciate that. I have read else where that it doesn't. I am just trying to be prepared incase it doesn't so I know what to get.

Thanks

If it doesn't, contact them.
It sounds like it has some kind of plug on the cooker end, so wiring a bit of flex to it would be difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back