Bosch SGS43C12GB/08 dishwasher problem

Hmmm....you don't have a pressure chamber as such.
Pic 1 is the brake tank (fill unit). Pic 2 is the water softener unit (where you put the salt). The transfer hose runs from the sump to the first large bore inlet at the front of the brake tank. Take off the cover below the door & you'll see it.

Thanks Zipper, I had a poke around last night and found the hose going to the sump, which appeared to be clean, but what I decided to do to be sure was to take the waste hose off, and then remove pump and blow down it, which removed all of the water, and was clear.

I then turned the DW on and it did as normal, but I went back to it about 45 mins later and I opened the door and it was doing a cycle with warm water, which gave me hope (as I havent know it to get past cold fill), I decided to leave it on when I went to bed, but unfortunately this morning when I went into the kitchen it had not completed wash and was just draining again.

In your opinion zipper could it still be the flow meter (As all I have done is replace the reed switch)?

Sponsored Links
No I don't think it is the flowmeter.
There should be a non-return valve fitted in the large bore plastic housing on the sump near the drain pump. This prevents back-flow from the waste hose entering the machine. I suspect this may either of disintegrated or is jammed open. That would allow a head of waste flow to enter the sump when the pump cuts out & might be enough to keep it working overtime trying to "sweep water uphill" (for want of a better description). Unfortunately I can't find a photo of it but it is cheap to replace http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishwashers/bosch/p/1083/856/0/0/736170/non-return-valve.html If this doesn't solve the issue I guess it looks like a new pcb.

No I don't think it is the flowmeter.
There should be a non-return valve fitted in the large bore plastic housing on the sump near the drain pump. This prevents back-flow from the waste hose entering the machine. I suspect this may either of disintegrated or is jammed open. That would allow a head of waste flow to enter the sump when the pump cuts out & might be enough to keep it working overtime trying to "sweep water uphill" (for want of a better description). Unfortunately I can't find a photo of it but it is cheap to replace http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishwashers/bosch/p/1083/856/0/0/736170/non-return-valve.html If this doesn't solve the issue I guess it looks like a new pcb.

Thanks Zipper.
That valve is it next to the pump. If so when I blew down the waste pipe I had to push that in to blow all the water out so I think I know thats working.

Sponsored Links
Ok last ditch before we condemn your pcb.
I know you say you have checked the float switch but make sure the baseplate isn't slightly deformed/dented causing the polystyrene disc to activate the micro-switch when you refit it (the switch might work fine with the baseplate off). It'll cost you £20 but change out the impellor jug anyway http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=424099 If nothing helps I'm afraid your pcb is history.

I know you say you have checked the float switch but make sure the baseplate isn't slightly deformed/dented causing the polystyrene disc to activate the micro-switch when you refit it (the switch might work fine with the baseplate off). It'll cost you £20 but change out the impellor jug anyway http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=424099 If nothing helps I'm afraid your pcb is history.

Thanks for all your help Zipper.
I replaced the flow meter, and all is now resolved (well it has completed one wash, which it hadnt done for several weeks)

:D

Thanks for all your help Zipper.
I replaced the flow meter, and all is now resolved (well it has completed one wash, which it hadnt done for several weeks)

:D

It appears I spoke to soon, as although it completed that first wash it is doing the same again, and now sometimes with the door open, so I have removed the float off the bottom in case it was the float switch because there is no water in the bottom.

Any ideas, or is it looking like the PCB has gone?

There really isn't much left other than the pcb. Check it for popped components/tracks.

There really isn't much left other than the pcb. Check it for popped components/tracks.

Took a look at the PCB couldnt really see any popped components as such although on the brown cover that covers it I could see black marks which were right over 3 components. Not sure if they can be replaced or not.

I dunno what to do now.

Are you sure that you have cleaned the grey corrugated hose from the left hand side to the sump properly. I just take of L/H side pull out hose with O ring on push a bottle brush as far as it will go and that usually works! Had one recently exact same symptoms!
Good luck
Colin
Sorry to butt in

Are you sure that you have cleaned the grey corrugated hose from the left hand side to the sump properly. I just take of L/H side pull out hose with O ring on push a bottle brush as far as it will go and that usually works! Had one recently exact same symptoms!
Good luck
Colin
Sorry to butt in

Not at all Colin, at the moment it is just sat there because I really dont think its worth spending £100 on the PCB, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have not done anything like push a bottle brush down the pipe (dont think we have one), but I have removed the water inlet hose, and removed the pump and then blown all the way through it, and after the water clears it appears clear. Do you not think that is enough?

I agree, wouldn't spend on pcb, but I doubt it is that. Your post on 25th Jan said it worked once, even though not through full prog. unusual for pcb fault.
Make sure the transfer hose is clear, bottle brush, piece of cloth tied onto a rod.

When you have done that turn machine on, with the left hand side off, can you video what happens and post on youtube? should waste pump for 15sec then start to fill, then wash.

Good luck

Colin

I agree, wouldn't spend on pcb, but I doubt it is that. Your post on 25th Jan said it worked once, even though not through full prog. unusual for pcb fault.
Make sure the transfer hose is clear, bottle brush, piece of cloth tied onto a rod.

When you have done that turn machine on, with the left hand side off, can you video what happens and post on youtube? should waste pump for 15sec then start to fill, then wash.

Good luck

Colin

I didnt have a bottle brush, but I managed the use a piece of cloth and a screwdriver, but unfortunately I pushed the screwdriver a bit too wildly and I have pierced the pipe, so I have put some plumbmate round it temporarily and will get a new one if I can get the dishwasher working (cant believe I did it).

Anyway, I have uploaded a video for the first 2 mins on startup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdKFIFP19_4

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back