Bosch SGS43C12GB/08 dishwasher problem

So that's working at present, what happens next? If the hose leaks into the base of machine it will trip the anti flood device and pump out, keep pumping until you remove the water.

Perhaps you can join hase with one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WASHING-M...A%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=200403347268&ps=54

Colin

It does get to the point where it just keeps draining, but it was doing that without the leak. I even removed the float in case something was tripping it the other day, and it still did it. Is it worth buying that joiner - do you think I will get it working?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
When it gets to the point where it keeps draining is the water level switch down, (not the anti flood) you can carefully move the lever by hand and see if it stops pumping.

Is it now leaking so badly that you can't test it.
Don't know if you will get it going, I suspect it will be something simple!

Colin

When it gets to the point where it keeps draining is the water level switch down, (not the anti flood) you can carefully move the lever by hand and see if it stops pumping.

Is it now leaking so badly that you can't test it.
Don't know if you will get it going, I suspect it will be something simple!

Colin

Fair Point. I have ordered one.

Thanks Colin - I had lost hope of sorting it.

Check how much a new hose is, check your local tip, you will need some sort of "rubber" type adhesive if you use the joiner,
:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WASHING-MACHINE-LARGE-ADHESIVE-DEBOR-SEALANT-GLUE-/200319046336?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Washing_Machines_Dryers_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item2ea3f212c0

Colin

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Check how much a new hose is, check your local tip, you will need some sort of "rubber" type adhesive if you use the joiner,
:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WASHING-MACHINE-LARGE-ADHESIVE-DEBOR-SEALANT-GLUE-/200319046336?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Washing_Machines_Dryers_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item2ea3f212c0

Colin

Ok Colin.
I am working nights for the next few nights but I will take a look at the dishwasher as soon as the joiner comes.

Have you got any ideas at the moment, because there didnt appear to be anything blocking the pipe earlier.

Doesn't need much in the hose to block it, only fat and food nothing solid.
You will have to wait until working again and see if the water level switch goes over when the dishwasher empties. Inside the part that operates the micro switch there is a diaphram which I have found the centre hole blocked on one.
Don't start stripping things down until we know where we are going!

Colin

Doesn't need much in the hose to block it, only fat and food nothing solid.
You will have to wait until working again and see if the water level switch goes over when the dishwasher empties. Inside the part that operates the micro switch there is a diaphram which I have found the centre hole blocked on one.
Don't start stripping things down until we know where we are going!

Colin

Hi Colin,
I have joined the hose and its still doing the same (although it stops draining when door is opened now).

Cheers

If it was draining with the door open that would be the anti flood device, so if no water in the bottom tray the switch must have been made.

Ok, have you checked that when it pumps out that the level switch mechanism moves back agai. As per ( Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm )

Colin

If it was draining with the door open that would be the anti flood device, so if no water in the bottom tray the switch must have been made.

Ok, have you checked that when it pumps out that the level switch mechanism moves back agai. As per ( Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm )

Colin

Do you mean the mushroom switch inside?

Not sure what you mean by mushroom switch, anti flood float?

I mean the micro switch that is operated by, I think a blue, elbow which controls the water level. When the machine pumps out does the elbow drop and operate the switch? If you watch it as it pumps if the elbow does not move, give it 15secs, after empty then you can carefully move the elbow and see if it starts to fill.

Colin

Not sure what you mean by mushroom switch, anti flood float?

I mean the micro switch that is operated by, I think a blue, elbow which controls the water level. When the machine pumps out does the elbow drop and operate the switch? If you watch it as it pumps if the elbow does not move, give it 15secs, after empty then you can carefully move the elbow and see if it starts to fill.

Colin

Hi Colin,
Where can I see that from?

I thought you meant the switch that is operated by what looks like a mushroom inside the machine? Apologies.

Hi, I must admit that when replying I have had a different model in my mind so have been asking you to look for wrong things, although they all work the same ish.

I have been "Told Off" for "Railroading and prolonging this thread when it is obvious that the control board has gone"

So I will pm you to discus

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back