Bosch SGS45C22GB Dishwasher - Need to remove top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had some underfloor heating and ceramic tiles installed in my kitchen and now cannot fit my Bosch SGS45C22GB dishwasher under the worktop. From what I have seen browsing the net it seems the lid should come off but it's not obvious (at least not to me) how. There were three visible screws at the back of the dishwasher (two on either side holding the side panels in place and one in the middle which seemed to be screwed through into the plastic top) which I have removed. There are no other visible screws into the lid. On both the front and back there are two white plastic clips which don't appear to be holding the lid to the frame in anything more than I can't lift the lid vertically upward, but can move it a couple of mm from front to back or side to side. They don't seem to move themselves up, down or inward. The two at the front are hidden in the frame of the dishwasher unit so aren't very easily accessible.

Can anyone help? I can provide some photos if that might be of assistance. Really desperate to get this thing in, it's driving me mad that I can't seem to work it out myself!!

Sponsored Links
youre on the right track !!!
i cant remember exactly without seeing it but i think as well as the screws at the rear, you have to clips at the front, then give it a good slap backwards and with some luck.......off !!

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your help. Typically, by the time the replies came along I'd already worked it out. The basic instruction manual that came with the dishwasher made no mention of removing the top, hence researching on the net and asking here

Anyway, thanks again for your help, much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back