Top lid removal. Service washing machine 14400 AA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have power going into the machine but nothing is working, so I'm assuming there is an internal electrical fault but :( :( I can't remove the lid to check the electrics.
I have removed the 2 retaining screws from under the lid at the back but can only lift/tilt the lid about 30mm. I am worried that I will break the plastic top if I force it any more. It seems to be retained somewhere in the front. I have noticed 4 screws behind the detergent tray but not sure if these release the top. Can anyone help me please.

Sponsored Links
Remove the 2 retaining screws from the back, left and reight just under the top. Loosen the 2 hexagonal nuts close to the screws and withdraw the long rods (a few inches) these are attached to the front of the machine, then lift the lid and gently pull backwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back