Bosch Slimline Dishwasher sps2462gb/19 DRAINING FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'Evening all,

My Bosch is not draining properly. (It does do some draining).

I've read the usual advice (such as in this vid - remove t20 torx screw, clean impeller etc) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oq-nTnyh6A but in my case, there is nothing to remove, no, torx etc.

Pic:

IMAG0224.jpg

Any advice?

Do I have to remove the whole pump unit (white 'bowl' assembly) from the underside of the machine? Sounds tricky!

Any help appreciated!

Cheers :D [/img]

Sponsored Links
suck the water out with a turkey baster ten put in cleaning soluton and set dishwasher to intense clean.worked with my aeg slimline.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, tried that: both with dishwasher cleaner, and LOADS of white vinegar/bi-carb.

I think either the pump is dead (although it still pumps??) or more likely, it has something blocked in the impeller. I think...

Sponsored Links
Correct me if I am wrong but I am guessing this machine has got to be 7- 8 years old.
Your pump (along with every other component) has done its job well. Pumps don't last forever.
At £80+ a shot I would seriously consider buying a new machine, but that has to be your call.
You can get to the pump via a cover under the door (they are not repairable) http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=095684

Chucking it in landfill and replacing it was my first idea. Not very environmentally friendly though, is it?

There seems to be a lot of information on the net to suggest that problems like these, are down to a jammed seed/stick/bit of glass in the impeller, and that a repair is a ten minute job - remove impeller cover, clear obstruction, job done.

Can't seem to do it on mine, so maybe it will have to be junked. :(

Not very environmentally friendly though, is it? There seems to be a lot of information on the net to suggest that problems like these, are down to a jammed seed/stick/bit of glass in the impeller, and that a repair is a ten minute job - remove impeller cover, clear obstruction, job done.Can't seem to do it on mine, so maybe it will have to be junked. :(
Big points to you for trying to save the planet all on your own James, but unfortunately nothing lasts forever :(
If your conscience is pricking you that much by all means replace the pump....then the wash motor, door seals, detergent dispenser, so forth & so on.
I am here to give you consumer advice...not to discuss environmental policy.
If it makes you feel any better the vendors that collect our trashed appliances assure us approximately 90% is recirculated.
Mind you they probably have to ship them to third world country first, in which case we're back to square one.
You have my sympathy but the multi-million dollar corporations out for short term profit are the bad guys...not us humble service engineers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back