Bosch Slimline Exxcel dishwasher - where does this part go?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model is a SRV43M03GB new as of March 2011.

This part appeared in the bottom inside of the dishwasher after removing and cleaning the main filters. I'm assuming its part of the filter set-up but I cannot figure out where this item goes! The part has the number 5600 010 997 on it and looks like this...

View media item 35788
View media item 35789
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Did you figure out where the piece goes ?
My dishwasher also makes a grumbling noise.
Never had problems before except that it takes a very long time for cycle to finish (3hours !)

Sponsored Links
Very important part, circulation pump impellor cover, prevents large debris from entering the pump that can damage the impellor blades.
Should just clip into place, no screws or fixings.

Thanks everyone for your tips. After lots of "where the heck does it go?" head-scratching, we realised that this piece just clips into the crescent shape indent which looks a bit like a reverse letter C. You do have to squeeze it in to fit, something were worried about in case it broke the grey plastic piece.

Also, top tip for the day: Before you unscrew any screws, place a folded piece of kitchen towel into the round slot where the impeller is. There's an outlet (or maybe inlet) hole on the right hand side and we lost a screw into it. Only after an hour of frustrating fiddling with extendable magnets and tweezers were we able to retrieve it. Too late we thought "put something soft inside to catch any fallen screws."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back