Bosch WFF 1200 not spinning after wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our 12 year old washing machine (Bosch WFF1200) is washing and even rinsing but it stopped spinning and extracting water.

Could someone please help me understand this situation.

Thanks in advance.

R S

Sponsored Links
I opened the cap that houses its filter but filter did not come out. I think it is stuck inside or something. There is only a plastic surface when remove the cap.

I opened the back of this machine and found one of the black wire disconnected. The wire goes in a white plastic box and is welded to the drum alongwith a purple wire. I have got new brushes but before I pull out the motor, I want to make sure that this problem is not because of the disconnected black wire. I will try and post a photo. Why are these wires connected there? Are they related to the spin cycle?

7a89c977.jpg

Here is another photo. On closer inspection, the connector was not welded but inserted in a hole behind the drum. I pushed it and it went all the way in like the connector on the purple wire. When I opened the machine it was totally disconnected and sticking out of the white plastic box.

5b65060b.jpg

How do you clean the filter? I opened the screwed in cap and met with a plastic wall. It doesn't move, doesn't come out. No lint, no hair no rubbish in there, just loads of water came out:
7d1cf16b.jpg

On ebay the filter looks like this:

ea0bcf4f.jpg

Is ours broken as only the cap comes off and nothing else comes out?

Thanks

Looks like you may have something caught in the pump impeller, you will need to remove the pump itself from the back of that housing to clear it.

That wire looks like one of the heater wires and they should be connected to the terminals on the heater element.

Sponsored Links
Looks like you may have something caught in the pump impeller, you will need to remove the pump itself from the back of that housing to clear it.

That wire looks like one of the heater wires and they should be connected to the terminals on the heater element.

Thanks Leccy. I tried to prize out the filter with a screw driver and it just shattered into pieces. The inside was full of a hardened mixture of scaling and washing powder. A lot of it came out. I will buy a new filter tomorrow and see if it works. Hopefully I would not have to remove the pump as I don't want to fiddle with those wires.

while u got filter out but machine into spin mode and you will be able to check if motor spins and see/hear pump working

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back