Bosh washing machine tripping the consumer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any suggestions before I she'll out for a news machine....
For a while one our machine stops working every so often so I have to take the brushes out, clean them, put them back in and it works foe a while. I did this yesterday and it worked last night, just put it on this morning and it is tripping the RCD at the consumer unit, any ideas.......

Sponsored Links
have you worked out what is causing the problem ??
what kicks in when the problem arises??
it could be a combination off 2 things[double fault]

no sign of a water leak? or chafed wire? Does it happen during the heating cycle, when the heating element switches on?

how old is it? Bosch often do a fixed price repair, or a repair plus one year's service contract for quite a good price, worthwhile if it's a good machine.

Hi guys. This is my thinking, I cleaned the motor with wire wool. Could a strand be trapped and causing it to trip the RCD? As soon a I switch the machine on it trips. It is quite old and could probably do with a new one but if I can fix it its money in my pocket for a bit longer....

Sponsored Links
wire wool is the last thing to use stray bits can get anywhere and be churned up at a later date :cry: :cry:

metal polish is best brasso or other non abrasive cleaner then buff clean with a lint free cloth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back