Boss connector leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had plumbers in to install a new heating system and they connected the boiler condensate to the main stack using a boss connector under the floor boards.

Sounds simple enough but the cowboys did not properly glue the connector and missed a small 10mm section underneath. When i use the water anywhere else in the house, it leaks out water from this missing section.

I tried putting more solvent but did not stop it leaking. I have subsequently surrounded the boss with silicone but not sure about the longevity. When i put the floor boards back it will be sealed forever and cannot leak again.

Any advise please..

Sponsored Links
Too late now but gap cement would have been the stuff to use.

When i put the floor boards back will it be sealed forever and cannot leak again.

Any advise please..
It aint gonna work :cry: The only way is to remove the boss completely by cutting / grinding and filing away the glue remains round the hole - then re do it with gap filling solvent and a new boss

Sponsored Links
The leak has stopped but not sure whether the silicone will hold for long. Maybe i will give it another layer of silicone to make def sure unless someone has any other ideas. Do not want to remove the boss and start agin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back