Leaking Boss clamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Fitted a new boss clamp to my 1970s plastic vertical soil pipe. Unfortunately it has a weeping leak & as the new boss clmap is in the kitchen & the toilet/bathroom is upstairs I don't particular like the liquid leaking out.

I used a Floplast boss from Screwfix & used Flowplast solvent cement. I cleaned both the boss & pipe with meths prior to fitting. I may not have used enough solvent cement as not a lot oozed out (certainly not all the way round) when I fitted it.

Have I missed something? I have a new boss clamp. I assume I can remove the old one using the chisel method I have seen mentioned on here but do I need to clean down to a perfect surface again or just remove all the high points?

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Roughen up the surfaces, remove as much of the old glue as poss, bit of 120grit, then clean off. Good coat of cement over both surfaces.

I've temprarily bodges it until the weekend using some plumber's mait. I will clean up etc then & leave for 24 hours.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back