BOSStherm Bup 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i am replacing my time clock with a bup 2, but the wiring drg is not that helpfull. was advised to get more informtion from Electrium who make it for boss but have had no help yet, can some please point me in the right direction as to where i might get a better wiring drg

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
What is the clock you are replacing? What don't you understand about the wiring diagram? It seems straightforward to me.

Hi D_Hailsham i am replacing a randall danfoss 4033 mech programmer on a y plan system and before i get started to replace it i wanted a better wiring drg as the one supplied seems basic and i know that i have more cables than the ones shown on the bup 2, thank you for the reply

Sponsored Links
OK.

The 4033 terminals are:

1 - Common
2 - Heating ON
3 - Heating OFF (not usually used)
4 - Hot Water ON
5 - Hot Water OFF
6 - Live
7 - Neutral
Earth

The only extra wire I can think of is one linking terminal 1 to terminal 6. If you have a link, you can discard it as the BUP 2 has an internal link.

if you do not have a link, the BUP 2 is not suitable.

If you have the link, the wiring of the BUP 2 is as follows:

Neutral
Live
1 - Hot Water OFF
2 - Heating OFF (only use if there is a wire to 3 of the old timer)
3 - Hot Water ON
4 - Heating ON

You just swap the leads over to the appropriate terminals. Do it one at a time, so you don't get muddled. Also write down the existing wiring in case you make a mistake.

If more than one wire goes to a terminal of the 4033, just swap all over to the relevant BUP 2 terminal (except the link from 1 to 6).

Wow that was quick, thankyou both very much for your help that has made it a lot cleary now.

Just a quick one i see all the connections but cant see a place to wire the room stat or am i been dumb if so sorry

Just a quick one i see all the connections but cant see a place to wire the room stat or am i been dumb if so sorry
Now I'm the one who is confused! This is the first time you have mentioned a thermostat. Are you changing both the timer and the thermostat or what? The BUP 2 is just a programmer, not a programmable thermostat.

If you already have a thermostat, there is no need to change the thermostat wiring, just change the timer has advised earlier.

For info, the room stat is fed from the CH ON terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back