bottle it & save the planet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
should we put all drinks in glass bottle's and make people put a 50p deposit on the bottle, to encourage us or our kids to return it to the shop for a refund, just like the good old days :LOL: it would save on landfill ;) and the kids could make a few bob :cool:

Sponsored Links
Personally I think we would see the grass verges strewn with broken glass instead of plastic .
Landfill round my way seems to be the side of the road and from the experience I have of trying in vain to keep clear the 1/4 mile stretch of main road my land straddles I would prefer the plastic.

when i was a kid i walked miles looking for bottles :)

Sponsored Links
Used to go all round my nelghbours and check thler mlLk bottles left on the doorstep, A lot where from the shop, and worth an old penny, had to earn our spends them days.

CLlmbed over the local pub wall, and "recycled" there gulnness bottles a few tlmes back lnto the pub, 2p back, l thlnk, come on top, as lt does.

Local shop, over the wall, soda slphons, back ln the shop wlth them, 50p, could only do 2 or 3 a week wlth that

Even without the deposit, glass is easier to recycle than plastic. Moreover, the ingredients are cheap and plentiful. It's just a load of supercooled molten silicates (borosilicates for Pyrex). Plastic is made from oil so the price will just keep going up. Some day we might have to mine those old landfills to recover all the plastic so that we can make oil out of it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back