Boulter Camray 5 & Danfoss Heat Pack Starting Probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a problem that has got worse over the last few weeks.

The Camray 5 (oil about 80/90K btu) fails to start on demand from the Danfoss FP715. All the lights are on as they should be on the 715, but no lights on the boiler.

The CH and tank stats seem OK and test out alright for circuit etc. The 715 seem to 'click' its relays ok as you run manual override ( i understand that these had a problem around 2007 ish but my complete install is from 2002) - pump and motorised valve are all OK, boiler serviced yearly.

As yet I've never managed to check voltage into the boiler from the programmer - it tends to fail as I'm late for work etc or just as I get meter out the thing then starts. In the past switching every thing off at the spur for 60sec fixed it, but no more.

I'm thinking 715 is on the fritz coz I can't really thing of anything in the boulter when all the lights are dead upon demand.

Any help guys would be much appreciated - the wife and kids are complaining more than normal :(

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The feed to the boiler has a plug under the control panel. If there is voltage there,the problem is on the external controls.

Terrywookfit & Boilerman2

Many thanks for the reply guys - had a bit of spare time this evening to check further.

Voltage at plug when all working on CH & HW correctly but when in fault mode only get voltage on HW call - dead on CH call.

Watched the actuator very carefully - when on CH call lever moves (i assume by the motor) to about 5mm short of the manual lock but no boiler. If you put a little pressure on lever and move it a mm or 2 everything comes to life - remove pressure and all dies again.

I took the actuator off and you can rotate the valve with fingers alone so suspect nothing wrong there. Sat here at 21:00 and all seems to be working OK but for how long.

Is this a motor fault or the micro switch fault that seems to be on many threads? does seen strange that it stops that little bit short each times, I would of thought total failure in either case.

Cheers again

Sponsored Links
I said that 2 posts ago!!
fit a new actuator to the CH valve - problem solved!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back