Bowing Close Board Fencing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I enclosed my garden two years ago with good quality close board fencing manufactured by Danbury Fencing Ltd of Essex and used concrete posts and gravel boards.

A couple of the panels have started to bow at the bottom so don't fit snug against the top of the gravel. board.

I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere that it's possible to get clips, think they were plastic, that would sit across the top of the gravel board and the panel would then fit into the top and so straighten the board over time, or at least stop it bowing more. The clips could be screwed to the fencing but were a loose fit on the gravel board.

Contacted Danbury Fencing who said that had the clips but these turned out to be just normal galvanised clips for fitting panels to wooden post.

Wondered if anyone knew where I might buy suitable clips.

Sponsored Links
are they closeboard panels that slot into the posts, or actual closeboard bays, with arris rails going into mortices on the posts?

Hi, the panels slide down a groove in the concrete posts as do the gravel boards.

Could also do with some clips to stop the boards rattling in the wind (the panels aren't quite the same width as the groove in the posts so are a reasonably loose), tried using various wooden wedges but they seem to drop out after a time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back