Yet another fencing question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to replace 6 fence panels in my garden, currently i have concrete posts and 4' panels and trellis on top.

I would like to replace the panels with 6' ones and gravel boards and keep the concrete posts i already have in place.

What is the recommend type of panels for this ?

Also i have a small wall where a fence panel should be, next to my house wall. (was part of a sun lounger). I will be taking this down and putting a fence panel in its place. Do i attach a concrete fence panel to the house wall and chop down a fence panel to size to fit ? or do i attach the fence panel directly to the wall using some sort of clips?

Sponsored Links
projectDIY said:
I would like to replace the panels with 6' ones and gravel boards and keep the concrete posts i already have in place.
Are you saying you have 4' panels and trellis on top with 5' concrete post?

And you want 6' panels with gravel board which will be 7' high in a 5' concrete post? (I think I said that right :LOL: )

I'm trying to understand what you really want.

ahh sorry, no i mean the post are 6' so guess i want 6' panels or shorter panels plus gravel boards

main question was about the post next to the hosue really . thanks :)

fix a wall plate (post designed to go on the wall) and then adapt the panel to fit.

Sponsored Links
sorry for my ingorance, the wall plate is basically another type of concrete post that fixes to the house wall?

projectDIY said:
sorry for my ingorance, the wall plate is basically another type of concrete post that fixes to the house wall?

will have a slot on only one side. They also come ready for corners, with slots on adjacent, rather than opposite, sides.

If it is going against the side of a house, it is one of the few cases where I would be willing to use a wooden, not a concrete, post.

You can bolt it to the house, so it does not need to be poked into the damp ground to go rotten.

It is often quite difficult to dig a concrete post into the ground next to the house, because you might find footings in the way.

i thought wooden would be the easiest, but was trying to match up to the concrete posts which are already in place

they are designed to be bolted to the side of the house, not dug into the ground, for preciesly that reason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back