Box Gutter and roof trusses

Looks like your designer has drawn plain tiles too. Can't happen with a 32 degree pitch.

Sponsored Links
It's that a drawing of a completely different extension in a town 100 miles away?

Everything is different to what is mentioned in this thread.

'Everything is different to what is mentioned in this thread.'- exactly. Think you have baffled everybody with this one akist . I would get a drawing done showing exactly what is being proposed to details that comply with building regs by somebody who understands building construction .

I think it is supposed to be a moulded gutter (plastic ?) attached to the trusses with screws/nails like battens are. I have never seen one I can only guess from this diagram.

Sponsored Links
Your designer is as ****t as the builder.

foto_no_exif (4).jpg

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. I have zoomed in the plan
box-gutter-detail-2.jpg
. Please let me know what you make of it. It looks to me like there is a vertical piece of timber attached to the end of the horizontal roof joist. And the rest looks like your drawing.

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. I have zoomed in the planView attachment 157706 . Please let me know what you make of it. It looks to me like there is a vertical piece of timber attached to the end of the horizontal roof joist. And the rest looks like your drawing.
Nah it's nothing like it. It's poor design, not even design. He has not detailed how the gutter is to be formed or constructed. I suspect that that stupidly thin timber upstand has nothing to protect it from the weather or even hold it up should a pigeon decide to stand on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back