Boxing these pipes in

Gonna get the 150mm high 75mm deep mx boxing. 3 metres for pipe.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Gonna get the 150mm high 75mm deep mx boxing. 3 metres for pipe. For under sink have no idea. No woman on sales doesn't seem to know the products very well to advise as well. It's 280mm high and 60mm deep but this seems beyond her brain power to work out what I need for this small section!
Might be good idea to actually work it out for yourself,sizes are all available online, or tell her to join the forum so she can reply to all your posts.:)
Just looked online they sell 75mm x300mm,and as for being beyond her brainpower,you should be the last to question that.

Last edited:
20200713_131721.jpg
20200713_133520.jpg
20200713_131515.jpg
Got the boxing stuff from Pendocks. Can I cut it to size using my circular saw? Not totally sure how to do this. A table saw would be better I guess.

I'm going to baton on the floor and fix through the bathrooms vinyl. I guess use a detector for any pipes.

Keitai said:
Can I cut it to size using my circular saw? Not totally sure how to do this. A table saw would be better I guess.
Whilst a table saw would be a better idea, providing you have a rip fence for your circilar saw it is doable. You need to support the Pendock do that it can't move whilst you are cutting. You need s sharp, fine tooth blade. You need to add some form of extension fence plate (e.g a piece if hardwood ply or an offcut of planed hardwood) to increase the size of the fence. The base of the saw must be clean and burr free so you don't mark the Pendock. To get the saw to run more smoothly, spread a little candle wax or wax furniture polish on the underside of the base plate and buff up. Helps it run less jerkily

I'm going to baton on the floor and fix through the bathrooms vinyl. I guess use a detector for any pipes.
If the batten is 22mm thick and the floor is 18mm thick (i.e 40mm in total) then 35mm screws should work without the need to test for joists

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Whilst a table saw would be a better idea, providing you have a rip fence for your circilar saw it is doable. You need to support the Pendock do that it can't move whilst you are cutting. You need s sharp, fine tooth blade. You need to add some form of extension fence plate (e.g a piece if hardwood ply or an offcut of planed hardwood) to increase the size of the fence. The base of the saw must be clean and burr free so you don't mark the Pendock. To get the saw to run more smoothly, spread a little candle wax or wax furniture polish on the underside of the base plate and buff up. Helps it run less jerkily

If the batten is 22mm thick and the floor is 18mm thick (i.e 40mm in total) then 35mm screws should work without the need to test for joists

Is this anything like what you mean?

Maybe not!

I'm gonna get a flexible piece of wood and use that as the fence , turn the boxing upside down then try the circular saw or jigsaw on it. I'll practise on the waste part first. Rachet it down.

Ignore photo

20200714_183653.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200719-145622_Chrome.jpg
I just used a fine toothed hand saw to cut the pendock boxing. Marked and cut carefully. Think the cuts good enough. The power tool way was becoming a headache

Rachet strapped it down.

Regarding putting the baton into bathroom floor. It's ground level so I guess concrete under the vinyl, there won't be any pipes, will there?

20200719_125601.jpg
20200719_124745.jpg

20200722_160531.jpg
20200722_163714.jpg
Went ok. I decided to gripfill the baton on floor as I was worried about pipes so haven't fixed the boxing to it yet as I'm waiting for it to go off
. Bit worried about large boxing under sink. Couldn't get much baton onto the wall. Also is it worth glueing the stop endso n on the large boxing to stop them falling off?

Does the baton need to be touching the top of boxing for a stronger fixing as well (bit of a gap in places)?
20200722_112756.jpg
20200722_160518.jpg
20200722_121603.jpg
View attachment 199713
20200722_154119.jpg
20200722_163717.jpg
20200722_152029.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back