Boxing toilet pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to box in the pipework running behind and from my toilet. I am going to fit a vertical and a horizontal piece of wood to achieve this but how do I measure and cut the awkward shapes which go around the toilet waste so that I make a neat job of it

Sponsored Links
Such an awkward job, I don't know a single chippie who can do this job and keep a civil tongue during the process, including myself.

There are alternatives to timber if you are having trouble, for example you could use plasterboard, don't have to be too neat, and finish with ceramic tiles.

Just recently been doing a job and used white plastic facia for the top and soffit board for the front - a very neat pre-finished job.

Trick is to get the height of the boxing right in most cases, just enough to cover the top of the soil pipe, but low enough to to go below the rear protrusion of the pan without having to cut around it.

hope this helps in some way,
Steve

Tony

Some of it is a bit of trial and error. When I'm doing this job commercially (as in old people's homes, etc) I've found that a cheap profile gauge can really help. Stick to using 6 to 12mm MDF for the boxing with 1 x 1in battens and cutting will be a lot easier

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back