How do I box this in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20160907_220835068.jpg
hi,

I'm doing my bathroom and I am going to be boarding onto the brick wall and skimming over the board. I am installing a wall hung basin which will obviously be above the pipework (see image below), which runs vertically up the wall from the floor.

Picture or pipework above

I am going to be boxing in the pipework but I'm getting stuck on where to put the batons to fit the plywood to. My understanding is this:

- Put one baton to the left and one to the right of the pipework in a vertical direction as the pipework.

Put one baton on the floor in a horizontal direction to the width of the boxing required.

Now the bit i am stumped on is fitting the vertical batons as to where the plywood will be joining each other at the corners. How do I fit this vertical baton (where the join is)? There is no way that I can fit this vertical baton to the floor, as the other vertical ones have the wall to secure to.

Many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Once your main battens are in cut and fix the narrowest piece of ply to the wall and floor battens. Fix a batten behind the leding edge of the ply. Cut and fix the second piece of plywood. Add any oother framing at the top edge as required

Thanks for your reply. So the vertical baton that is connected to the leading edge of the plywood, is it just supporting the two pieces of plywood in the internal angle where they meet, and not actually connected to the floor - if you understand what I mean. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just make up a box section and secure as one unit to wall over the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back