boycott the mail and mail on sunday

I hate the fact this country's media, seems to want to destroy people
What about the Mp's and their expenses would it have come to light without a free press.

Sponsored Links
I hate the fact this country's media, seems to want to destroy people
What about the Mp's and their expenses would it have come to light without a free press.

But the issue of MP's expenses were and are a matter of public interest. The issue of what Triesman understood to be a private conversation, albeit recorded, are clearly not.

Yes but the point is how do you regulate,if at all? does it need regulating?we either accept because of stories like the expenses that we have a free press and possibly relay stories in the public interest or start a kind of censorship on what is not allowed to be written ie:super injunctions in the case of John Terry which is a dangerous road to take in a free country such as this,anyhow Triesman slagged the Russians off has he forgotten how they helped in 66.How would any successful bid be financed an outgoing Labour minister left a note saying there is no money left.

Sponsored Links
we either accept because of stories like the expenses that we have a free press and possibly relay stories in the public interest or start a kind of censorship on what is not allowed to be written .

your missing the point. There's no need for a censorship, we'll leave that to the commies.
Newspapers should understand what stories the public want to hear and what they don't.
Its pretty clear from the reaction of most that the majority of people in the Uk would rather this story never came to light. Its nothing to do with censorship or freedom of speach, its about newspaper editors having more respect for their readers.

Yes but the point is how do you regulate,if at all? does it need regulating?we either accept because of stories like the expenses that we have a free press and possibly relay stories in the public interest or start a kind of censorship on what is not allowed to be written ie:super injunctions in the case of John Terry which is a dangerous road to take in a free country such as this,anyhow Triesman slagged the Russians off has he forgotten how they helped in 66.How would any successful bid be financed an outgoing Labour minister left a note saying there is no money left.

I certainly do not believe in newspaper regulation. It is entirely an editorial decision as to whether this stuff is published or not. It would appear, from what MickyG has posted, that only the MoS has sunk to such a level. Therefore his original exhortation to boycott the Mail generally, though entirely appropriate in my view, is more than a tad optimistic, given that this septic organ is revered by diynotters as some sort of chronicle of truth. :eek:

Don’t have such a clarity of view re the JT issue. Neither am I aware of the Russians ‘help’ in ’66 – please expand.

its about newspaper editors having more respect for their readers.
probaly the only way to get this is don't buy the paper.
Neither am I aware of the Russians ‘help’ in ’66 – please expand.
Did Geoff Hurst second goal cross the line or not,or are you to young to remember

Neither am I aware of the Russians ‘help’ in ’66 – please expand.
Did Geoff Hurst second goal cross the line or not,or are you to young to remember[/quote]

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back