Bradfords Stoves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, we're renovating our house and found a fireplace in our upstairs bedroom.

We'd like to fit a small log burner. Won't get used a lot, more for aesthetics than anything, but has anyone got experience of the bradfords stoves? This one is very competitively priced...just wondered if it was reasonable or not.

http://www.bradfords.co.uk/details/eldur-multifuel-stove-6kw

Sponsored Links
the stove is the cheap part
the fitting the grade one liner and complying with regs and paying for it to be certified by building control is the expensive bit
or indeed paying a hetas engineer who will self certify

I presume it still applies, but any stove over 5kW needs external ventilation....
Its remarkably cheap, that one.....I've two Morso Squirrels and they came in at about £700 each.
John :)

I presume it still applies, but any stove over 5kW needs external ventilation....
Its remarkably cheap, that one.....I've two Morso Squirrels and they came in at about £700 each.

What is it that fails in cheap stoves, and makes the expensive ones better? I'll be in the market for a second one next year, for another room. Currently using a 3 year old Much Wenlock that I bought used - that wasn't cheap.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
I wish I could truthfully answer your question, but I don't really know!
I bought the Morso's because I knew they were good to regulate, and I do like the look of them.
Spares (like glass, fire cheeks, gaskets and so on) are readily available, and the quality is very good.
Quite expensive, I'll admit....but it's not as if I'll be replacing them again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back