brake pads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
had my 10 plate renualt trafic van in for a service 35000 mile told me it requires brake pads front and back cost to fit them £290.00.
friend of mine has a garage can he fit them and can i buy orignal renualt brake pads so this keeps the 3 warrenty right

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a rip off to me, a set of front and rear pads with front discs is only £60.00 on ebay

Peter

Your garage friend can fit them for you, no worries....as pads aren't a warranty item anyway they dont need to be genuine Renault ones.
£290? I must readjust my prices :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
Admittedly, replacing the front discs on a RWD Transit isn't as straight forward as the conventional, but putting new pads in is very quick and simple.
I've only come across RWD Tranny's with rear drum brakes so I can't comment there.....but I can put shoes on at 3/4 hr per side.
I've done a few PAS pumps, water pumps and belt tensioners but no timing chain work....a bloomin' good engine, the Duratorq.
Lets home you have some expense free motoring for a while!
John :)

ripped off.....it takes bout 45 minutes to change brake pads all round. So maximum 1 hours labour plus parts. You can add an extra hour for discs as well. so what - 2 hours @ £60 plus £60 pads = £180 + 20% = £216.

That £1185 for timing chain equipment and brakes plus MOT and service seems a massive rip off too. Its main dealer prices though...i never take mine to a main dealer as there is no requirement any more by law in terms of warranty retention as long as genuine parts are used.

Sponsored Links
Back